Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do I reduce temp fast??

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My Mother's day Pulled Pork Lunch is about to become dinner. Humpty is roaring at 350 and I am having trouble bringing fireback down to 200-225 range so I can start my two glorious 6lb butts. I have top closed to about 1/8" and bottom closed completely. I have been waiting 30 minutes and temp has dropped to only about 325. Any suggestions?? Please!!!???

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Eggcitable One, just add fresh charcoal and a couple of cool firebricks.

• Unknown
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]TAHNKS....seems to be working now!!! I'll just have to watch for a while and regulate the temp. The butts are on now for my first pulled pork cook...yippeeee!!!!

• Char-Woody
    Options
    Eggcitable One, that and your cold meats will soak up the heat quite a bit..and it will drop..then regulate and your on your way.. It really doesn't hurt a dang thing to start hotter than desired if you can roll it down hill to where you want it in a half hour or so.
    I just finished doing just about the same thing..Rock and Roll time..Pulled Pork tomorrow. Along with burgers and brats.
    Good luck.
    Char-Woody

• Unknown
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]What other grill or smoker has this kind of assistance available? I know of none, and this alone makes the BGE better than all the rest!!!! Thanks for your help!!!

• Char-Woody
    Options
    Eggcitable One, there are a bunch of us around, the all deserve a handshake. I just happened to be there.
    Cheers atcha...seems to be pulled pork season this weekend.
    My house too!!
    C~W[p]