Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg Owner,and shrimp cookout

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all. Just wanted to announce that we(up here in Bay City, MI) have a new Egg dealer. We have three eggs in use and we're spreading the word, so there will possibly be an Egg cult forming in town. Any way, thanks Chuck W. for getting the Eggs to us.
I have cooked out three times this week and the ribs and chickens were really good for first attempts. I also did one of my favorites that I'd like to share if that's OK.
It's a simple shrimp grill called Southwest Barbeque Shrimp. Chances are you all have heard of this before, but I'll give a quick description anyway.
Wrap uncooked shrimp around a jalapeno (pickled) slice, then wrap a short strip of partially cooked bacon around the shrips and thread onto bamboo skewers. Grill em and touch em up with your favorite BBQ sauce just before they are done. (another shameless plug) I use "Bone Daddy" sauce, made and sold up here in Mid Michigan. We didn't eat all the ribs because we ate too many shrimps.
Just keep all the posts,and tech stuff,and recipes coming because I really like this Egg and your Eggspert advice. Good eating!!!!

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    shiek, A big welcome to ya, and anything is alright when it comes to cooking so hop in here anytime with more of that variations in shrimp and other goodies. Thats what we like to see. Pictures too if you have em. Congrats on the new dealer in MI. There are a number of folks in MI and they just had a dealer showroom cookoff up there. Watch for Mac and JCA here and others..Anthony up North is another fine gent. I missed a couple..they will fill in the blanks.
    . We have a recipe section if you would like to spruce up the details and enter it. "Shieks Shrimp" ?[p]Cheers to our northern friends!
    Char-Woody

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    shiek,
    Welcome. Why don't you try to get over to Rockford, Michigan (just north of Grand Rapids) for the Michigan Summer Eggfest on August 18th. We would like to meet you. This Forum is the best teaching school for the BGE.
    Fireball

• www.piggig.com
    <p />Fireball,
    I(and the egg gang)will consider your offer. Thanks very much for the invitation. We are just getting in to the swing of things. Oue leader(Chuck W.)is already talking about a trip to Eggtoberfest, so traveling is an option. We'll be recruiting more eggcentric devotees through the summer so be prepared.
    I should mention the annual Ribfest that is held in Bay City every year (although I don't have this years date, it's usually the first full weekend in August). A three day rib barbequing contest with entrants from as far away as Australia(Aussome Aussie). The event has several interesting things for children(events all day,all three days) as well as adults (beer tent). I like to bet on the pig races. There are three nights of concerts and they always book nationally known bands. If you like ribs you'll love the Pig Gig. The possibilities..... BGE barbeque team? Or just a meet and greet day for anyone that is interested. Who knows? I'll post this years schedule as soon as I go look for it. Also a new great steakhouse (and brewpub) a block away. Hereford and Hops (you can grill your own or have the chef do it). Did I mention this is all right on the riverfront in a nice park. Don't let me get started here, the wheels are turning. I didn't intend for this to get so long, and I'm not the Chamber of Commerce. Just like outdoor cooking!! I'll be lurking around here or anyone can email me if they have questions that I might be able to help out on. I have to go to the store now since I made my ownself hungry.

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    shiek,
    Please keep me posted. That Bay City Ribfest sounds like great fun. By the way I am in Portage just south of Kalamazoo. I might be able to get to Atlanta this October. Wait is your e-mail address? You can e-mail it to me.
    Fireball

• Porky
    Porky Posts: 5
    Fireball,[p]I also thought I would mention, since I compete and am a certified judge for Kansas City Barbeque Society, there is a KCBS sanctioned contest (3rd annual) for the "State of Michigan Barbeque Championship Cook-off" on July 21st. It will be at Richmond Park on Grand Rapids Northwest Side. There are usually some competitors there that will be cooking on the BGE. I will be judging there this time again. I am thinking that I may need to add a second BGE this year to use in competition. My first event last year with the BGE, I placed 5th out of 30 teams with the pork butt I did on it. If anyone is interested in competiting in this event, let me know and I will put you in touch with the right people.
  • ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    shiek, I just want to second Fireballs comments. Come on over to Grand Rapids for our August fling. I'm sure you will enjoy it and meet a lot of nice people with good eating too! Now, how can you beat that? I live 40 miles from Kzoo and we're hoping to make Eggtoberfest this year also and will definitely be in G.R. Keep in touch and I hope to see you soon at an eggfest.
    later, ChefRD