Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woosday Anyone ???

thirdeye
thirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
dsc01806aL.jpg
<p />Most of my cooking focused around St. Patrick's Day and Sunday. Pastrami, beer braised corned beef, butter basted barbecued cabbage and some ribs.[p]Happy Woosday[p]~thirdeye~[p]DSC01802a.jpg[p]DSC01815a.jpg[p]DSC01837ab.jpg
Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Finished.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,[p]I did a corned beef to pastrami. The meat could have gone a bit longer, but by the end of the day, everyone was hungry enough that 3/4 of the brisket chunk was eaten anyway.[p]
    Spices.jpg
    [p]While waiting for the meat to cook, I took the opportunity of cleaning out my spice cabinet, and re-arranging. It turns out that shakers of Dizzy Dust dropping out of an over-stuffed cabinet can, well, make you dizzy.

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    steak008.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    Some more of those Prime Ribeyes w/Balsamic Glaze with Balsamic Portabellas and grilled Poblano.[p]steak003.jpg[p]steak002.jpg[p]steak006.jpg

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Handcastles.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    well. no food pics. but we're going on vacation to sanibel and captiva (visiting my folks with the grandkids). we are sick of winter up here in boston, so i'm gonna hit the beach and kick start summer early! posted these last summer, but what the heck...[p]famandserpent.jpg[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    Lawn Ranger,
    oh man o man o man o man

• Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Lawn Ranger,
    DROOL!!!!!!!!!!![p]Yes, CW I used caps on pourpose, lol.

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Rusty Rooster,[p] I forgive a WORD or TWO.. :) Besides ya'll are drooling over the fake lawn ranger, or he needs some serious therapy. Another Woosday without tater tots or thousand island dressing..[p] I guess I need to mail this bottle and not hand it to him personally.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    thirdeye,[p]My first Fatty
    P1010004.jpg[p]Breaded, Crunchy "almost fried" Chicken
    P1010005.jpg[p]Smokey

• thirdeye
    stike,[p]You should have a good time. We were there a few years back about this time of year. We stayed in Naples and Marco Island and explored from there.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Smokey,[p]Is the almost fried chicken from the Egg?[p]gdenby

• eggaholic
    eggaholic Posts: 309
    P1010032.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    Can u smell the ribs?

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    DSC00081.JPG
    <p />thirdeye,
    I really liked this pic...smoke a risin...from the just past Florida fest[p]Wess

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    DSC00103.JPG
    <p />Celtic Wolf,
    You may never know who the LR really is...Remember how Clayton Moore used to show up in cameo roles, out of uniform and incognito as, I believe, an old prospector. No one had a clue that he was the Lone Ranger. [p]There was a time when Chubby doubted that LR actually existed. Note "Doubting Thomas" in the background trying to cleanse himself of his unbelief.[p]Mike

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    thirdeye,
    I tried your recipe for barbecued cabbage like yours pictured. It didn't come out nearly good looking as yours did. I cooked indirect @ 250 deg for 3 hours. To me it tasted kinda bland and not cooked enough, although the outer leaves got a bit black. I didn't inject, just pored the mixture in the cored out space. Maybe a little cayenne would zip it up a little. Not sure where I went wrong.
    Bob

• stike
    bobbyb,
    did you wrap it in foil?

• Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    thirdeye,
    Pork roast with spinach and feta. DP Rub.[p]stuffporkloin.jpg

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    gdenby,[p]Oh, yeah!![p]Check out the link![p]Smokey
    [ul][li]Breaded Grilled [/ul]
  • StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    WessB,[p]
    Don't look now but that guy in the back there..with the bloo shirt on..he likes one of his own boobs way two much I think...an that otha guy..what with the skirt thing on..his head is so tall its goin rite threw his own hat..i thought my brotha hadda big ist four hed i evah seen..an now i aint so shore bout that..he's gonn be awful mad ifn he sees that..its what makes him you neek afta all..[p]StumpBaby

• StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    Lawn Ranger,[p]
    what it is in that firs photo on the plate at the bottom..they is lookin a lot like panty slugs.. plees tell me you isn't eetin panty slugs...[p]StumpBaby

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    thirdeye,
    Here is a pork butt cook I did the other day. I injected with some maple syrup and DP's Dizzy mixture. It was the best pulled pork I have done so far. Good luck, Tom Dust Buttcook5.jpg ButtCook6.jpg Buttcook7.jpg

• BajaTom,
    Did you dillute the maple syrup at all? I would be very interested in the way you prepped that.

• duckegg
    duckegg Posts: 267
    BajaTom,
    Now THAT"S a nice lookin butt!

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    NitroSmoke,
    I used pure maple syrup (grade????) with some dizzy dust heated on the stove. That made it a little easier to get into the injecter syringe. I injected all over the butts. It turned out really moist, tender, & sweet in flavor. Good luck, Tom

• stike,
    You Dawg!
    When are you going? I myself prefer the godd@mmed cold and ice to pleasant weather.[p]Made cheese, pepperoni and steak Pizza last night. No pics.
    Dough was a little too big for the stone and I cooked it a little too hot (650) so the edges burned in some spots but otherwise it was good and now my egg is all clean on the inside!

• omba
    omba Posts: 241
    thirdeye,
    OK, folks ... this is my very first WOOSDAY post!
    (Now do I get to learn the handshake?) :-)[p]I'm just not sure of the "rules," but we'll be having the leftovers tonight. Does that count? Found a small standing rib on sale yesterday, and went about the egging ...[p]
    meat1.jpg[/p][p]
    The little cow trimmed ouside.[/p][p]
    meat2.jpg[/p][p]
    Old age means that my teeth and those bones usually don't have "successful" meetings. So I trimmed off the bones ... temporarily.[/p][p]
    meat3.jpg[/p][p]
    I "schmeared" the bones with some tequila mustard and sprinkled the DP Cowlick all over the place.[/p][p]
    meat4.jpg[/p][p]
    Added the bones back into the puzzle, and tied up the package. I've learned that a little more Cowlick is often a very good thing. :-)[/p][p]
    meat5.jpg[/p][p]
    Just sitting outside, getting a tan, and waiting for that 500 mark that I picked up on WessB's site.[/p][p]
    meat6.jpg[/p][p]
    Ready for the Egging![/p][p]
    meat7.jpg[/p][p]
    After a liitle rest under the foil, the little baby looks ready![/p][p]
    meat8.jpg[/p][p]
    Yummy! :-)[/p]

• thirdeye
    WessB,[p]When I looked through your pictorial last night, I liked that one too. I bet it's impossible to describe the smells coming out of all those cookers.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• thirdeye
    LR.jpg
    <p />Lawn Ranger,[p]A little disguise goes a long way.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    March172007A.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,[p]Here's one from a few days ago after the ice storm....[p]
    And one from last week.... 30 lbs of boneless pork butt on the large.[p]30LBPork.jpg[p]john[p]

• stike
    FlashbackBob,
    if the edges burned but not the bottom, then it was probably ok at 650.[p]that happens. i like the edges to hang over a bit.
    try a pizza screen or a perforated pizza pan. that will give you the rolled edges if you like them, and they'll still be protected by the platesetter.[p]leaving tomorrow a.m.
    back in a week or so.

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Lawn Ranger:[p]Even though you couldn't be with us physically at the Florida EggFest, you were there in spirit as I did a bag of Tator Tots on the mini Saturday morning. They turned out pretty good, I may have to do that some more.[p]P3170021.jpg[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• thirdeye
    DSC01843A.jpg
    <p />bobbyb,[p]Here's a picture of some of the butter basted cabbage reheated for a midnight snack along with some pastrami.[p]That picture of the head was before going on the Egg, but I cooked mine 3 or 4 hours, basting with some of the butter. I also poured a little liquid (beer) in that foil cap too. The last hour I did cover the top to get a bit of steaming effect. I really liked the flavor and the way it maintained the color.[p]BTW, I have used a recipe from one of the Weber books that called for using barbecue sauce instead of butter. The end result tasted like those cabbage rolls served as appetizers. It was great served with meatloaf or sausages.[p]~thirdeye~[p]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~