Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ChefRD-like Wings

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did some wings tonight loosely following ChefRD's technique. Yes, ChefRD, this is a huge compliment. The wings were amazing!!! Coated some wings in a wash consisting of an egg, flour, and some corn starch and a little water then coated with some BGE seasoning and some black pepper. Grilled these direct at about 275. Made a quickie "homemade" sauce with two giant scoops of butter, a bunch of Franks Red Hot, and one drop of Dave's Insanity Sauce. The result were some wings with a big bunch of flavor with big chunks of fried-like flavor. The sauce tasted like a traditional Buffalo wing sauce with a kick good enough to put down even the biggest hot sauce fan after about 6 wings (which is what I'm after).[p]Below are a before and after. I apologize for the big size/poor quality of the pix; I'll get better with time.[p]before.jpg
after.jpg[p]Later,
Cornfed

Comments

• Cornfed
    Options
    Cornfed,
    BTW anyone that looks at these pix and notices anything blatantly wrong with the way I took these pix, I'd gladly take any criticism. I know they're too big, but if anyone has any criticism about the amount of lighting or any other photo-specific info, I'd love to hear it; I'd love to learn how to take a decent pic.[p]Cornfed

• Cornfed
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]BTW for any sicko's out there, please don't take those pix of my home address seriously. There's a 105 pound Rottweiler living at the address shown above who is very skeptical about new unwelcome visitors.[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Unknown
    Options
    Cornfed,
    You are living on the edge Cornfed... Leaving all that cash
    out on the table and an envelope with your address on it, and then posting it on website known to be the favorite of the underworld.... You better get another Rottie.. :-)[p]
    Dylan

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Q.N.E. tyme,
    DYLAN!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuop!
    Glad you stopped by from sunny Arizona!!
    Hope all is well bro!
    ST

• Cornfed
    Options
    Q.N.E. tyme,[p]Yeah, I'm a paranoid dude. I think a whole $0.35 was shown in that pic (which has since been corrected). I do have a giant Rottie sitting here next to me. I love Rotties, though, and I figured I'd correct my faux pas by pointing my baby out just in case anyone had any ideas.[p]a paranoid guy,
    Cornfed

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Cornfed,
    ...and these wings were AWESOME!!!!
    Just the perfecto amount of spiciness to them....and tasted like a B B Q wing...not some fired up last minute bausada...very meaty and juicy. Definaltey worthy of a re-run. Woooooooow....over 11 yrs a friendship and never a better wing than tonight....even better then Edwardo's wings at 2:30am after driving on Rt 1 after 18 beers apiece!
    That Green Egg RULES!!!
    ST

• Unknown
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    Do those wings get crispy the way you cooked them? I am having fun with the Mini, I like it way better.. I have been using the trivet I bought for the Large and never used to sorta cook indirect with.. It fits perfect, and with all those holes it works cool..[p]Dylan

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Cornfed,
    The pics are gorgeous, but they are too wide, even for my 21 inch screen!
    I usually try and keep under 8 inches wide at 72 ppi. [p]Nice work.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ