Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Question

Options
TheStormyDOg
TheStormyDOg Posts: 104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was reading in a Dr BBQ's cookbook where he adds more rub to the meat after he pulls it. I was just wondering if anyone else does this and what are the results. I have a sauce that I typically use but was thinking of sprinkling a little more dizzy dust on the meat after I pull it. Idea's ??

Comments

• Jonnio
    Jonnio Posts: 26
    Options
    It is all personal preference. If you think you need extra flavor then by all means add rub. I have done it both ways and I have found that when using a strong sauce it doesn't make a huge difference, but if using no sauce it adds a little more potency to the meat's flavor.
  • Mayberry Smoker
    Options
    TheStormyDog,
    The last time I did pulled pork I sprinkled more rub on after it was pulled and I think I'll keep doing it this way. It gives it more flavor this way.

• Shoe
    Shoe Posts: 67
    Options
    I not only add a little more rub after pulling, I put it back in the smoker for 10 minutes with a little more wood.