Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Don’t Try This On A Large Egg

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Oh, man-o-man did I eat well last night. [p]I left work a little early yesterday for no particular reason. So I figured that it was my obligation to Egg something. So I did.
I was momentarily at a loss for what to egg (Scary, I know), then I remembered that I had a ring of Cajun Boudine Sausage in the freezer that needed cooking. This is a pork and rice sausage with Jalapenos. It was something that I have never tried before.[p]The next question became, what does one eat with their Boudine? So I grabbed a Cajun cookbook for inspiration and came across Cajun Dirty Rice. By the time that I was done with recipe, what I made resemble the original recipe in spirit only. Therefore, I posted my version of the process.[p]Well, while I was egging the rice (no the grains did not fall through grill), I realized that I could stir things through the dome while leaving the dome closed. HA, try that on a Large BGE.[p]I also grilled a chicken breast for the wife and kids that I injected with Chef William’s Creole Garlic Recipe and applied Cajun Shake.[p]My son cooked a can of cream corn to top it off.[p]We ate like Bayou Royalty,
RhumAndJerk[p]

[ul][li]Cajun Dirty Rice[/ul]

Comments

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    It's a good thing that a couple of our forum regulars didn't see you pouring beer through the top of the EGG. They would have thought you making a SACRIFICE to the EGG GOD.

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p]This looks like a great rice recipe for those folks like me with a cajun persuasion. I didn't realize you had put it in the recipe section and will try it soon.[p]BTW, the official BGE ash puling tool cleans up nicely and can be used to stir various potions like chile right through the dome of my big Egg hehehehe[p]K~G