Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sea Bass Ideas?

Woodlands
Woodlands Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got a big, thick filet of Sea Bass to grill. [p]Any ideas what temp to cook it and how long? Is there an internal temp to shoot for?[p]Also, what would you season it with?[p]Thanks!!

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Woodlands,
    I have no experience cooking Sea Bass but as soon as I saw your Handle I had to check your profile. Sure 'nuff you're from The Woodlands, Texas. Spring Hen and I are just down I-45 a piece near Cypresswood Dr. So I guess that makes us neighbors or something.[p]Are you coming to the Texas Eggfest this year? April 28th in Austin. http://www.texas-eggfest.com/?ref=bge Lot's of fun and you will learn a lot about Egging, or if you already know a lot, you can teach others a few things.[p]By the way, how large is your Sea Bass? I did a Google search for Grilled Sea Bass and came up with a few. This one sounded interesting. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grilled-Sea-Bass/Detail.aspx[p]Hope this helpes.[p]Spring "Still In My Jammies" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

[ul][li]Texas Eggfest 2007[/ul]
  • Woodlands,
    I would oil it well with EVOO and sprinkle on a little salt and pepper. Grill it in the 350-400 range until it just begins to flake. The danger here is drying it out, a problem that can be helped with a small pan of melted garlic butter and a basting brush.

• Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Leroy,[p]Nice recipe. Now all us heart guys have to do is drop the butter and substitute olive oil.[p](I am so old-time that I refuse to use the abbreviation for olive oil that Rachel "Cute-as-a-Button" Ray has coined.) Ahhhhh, that felt good.[p]Best to you and the Hen,
    Morro Bay Rich, sitting in the fog knowing the Pacific is out there somewhere

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Morro Bay Rich,
    Yea, you're right about "Cute-as-a Button" Rachel Ray. Does that "Ahhhhh" mean you just had a dirty-old-man experience LOL?[p]No fog here. Working at projects that got put aside during my recent near death experiences. Feels good to be able to do something again.[p]By the way, I have it on good authority that the Pacific isn't going anywhere anytime soon so enjoy your fog.[p]Spring "Got All Day To Do Something In" Chicken

• Spring Chicken,[p]Thanks for the recipe![p]Unfortunately, I can't make the trip to Austin. It is my favorite city, so I am bummed. [p]It good to know there are some eggers close by. I grew up in Spring/Klein, so you're in my hood. [p]I have to wait till next year's eggfest. [p]Thanks again.