Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cornish Game Hens

Options
AZ Traveler
AZ Traveler Posts: 664
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Decided on cornish game hens for dinner this evening. Here they are going on. They had DP Raging River Rub:[p]IMG_0565.jpg[p]Here they are about ready to come off:[p]IMG_0567.jpg[p]They were very good. One expects that off the egg. AZ

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    AZ Traveler,
    Lookin good John, how did the skin come out? -RP

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    AZRP,
    It was nice and crisp. Hope all is well in the south. John

• Hoss's BBQ
    Hoss's BBQ Posts: 435
    Options
    AZ Traveler,
    They look great how long did they take? What temp etc.?

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    Hoss's BBQ,
    I did these a little different than I normally do. I did them indirect at 225℉ and it took about 4 hours. It worked well. I got the idea from one of Rick's Tropical Delight post.
    Enjoy, AZ

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    AZ Traveler,
    havent even attempted them before but it looks like i should
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• bbqdiva
    bbqdiva Posts: 192
    Options
    AZ Traveler,[p]OOOO, those look great AZ. I have the Raging River Rub. Haven't used it yet. What is the heat level on that one? Is it very hot?
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    bbqdiva,
    raging river is probably the mildest/sweetest of all the DP rubs. ...try it as a seasoning on veggies. ..its great on roasted potatoes. . .i know folks who like it on their scrambled eggs, etc. .. .

• 19feb07-002.jpg
    <p />AZ Traveler ,
    nice!
    smoked game hens are one of my favorite cooks on the egg (as if i had one i didn't like!)[p]those look like the tyson hens i get at kroger...
    that's the only brand i've tried, but i'm going to see if the local butchers around here have some to see if it's any different. i saw some at the fancy grocery (dlm), but they were so small they looked like quail.[p]try putting a few lemon and apple wedges in the cavity sometime. i use cherry chips for smoke with hens...[p]<p align="center">21jan07_1-033.jpg[/p]

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    All the Cornish hens our stores carry here are small. Most of them are 22 ounces. I couldn't put much stuffing in them. But even a little would make a difference. These are so small I have been eying a road runner that has been coming around eating the lizards wondering, hmmmmmm, I wonder. Thanks again for all your posts. AZ

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    bbqdiva,
    It is mild. It was made for fish primarily but it goes well on almost everything. AZ