Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig Dinner

Options
DHall
DHall Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
To start off in honor of all the Atlanta eggers a local beer[p]IMG_0439.jpg[p]Shrimp taking a Teriyaki swim[p]IMG_0449.jpg[p]On the egg with a healthy dose of Tsunami Spin added[p]IMG_0454.jpg[p]Finally plated all together...maple butter Raging River Salmon with Spun Shrimp and a bed of spinach[p]IMG_0458.jpg

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    DHall,
    Nice shot of the shrimp! -RP

• AZ Traveler
    AZ Traveler Posts: 664
    Options
    DHall,
    Wow, great cook. Nice looking beer as well. AZ

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    DHall,[p]Fabulous looking seafood, especially the shrimp. How long and at what temp did you do the shrimp?[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • DHall
    Options
    TRex,
    To be honest cant give u an exact temp. I cooked the salmon on a raised grid at about 400. When it was done I pulled the raised set up and put my wok in to let it heat up and opend the bottom vent wide open and took the daisey off. Let the wok heat for about 3 minutes then threw the shrimp in. They cooked for maybe 4 minutes. I left the dome up the second half of the cook constantly tossin the shrimp and hittin em with the Tsunami Spin a couple times. Would have liked to get them a bit more crispy but they were already pushing being overdone.

• FlatEric
    FlatEric Posts: 56
    Options
    DHall,[p]Great Beer...Fast Freddy is a craftsman
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    DHall,
    looking good man i got to do shrimp soon!!!
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• DHall,
    !that's good eatin in tha hood!
    great stuff.[p]i've got to get one of those holey wok pans... where'd you get that one? that'll save a lot of time instead of the bamboo skewers i usually use. but then again, someone will have to clean it

• DHall
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    I think i picked that one up at Bed Bath and Beyond. It has a removable handle that comes in real handy. I like it alot instead of using skewers since I dont have to spend the time sticking them all on there. Cleanup is no biggie..I throw it back in the egg and let it go at cooking temp till after we eat then bring it back in and most everything washes right off. What doesnt come off comes off in the dishwasher or just spray with a cleaner like easy off bam or simple green and it lookes like new.

• DHall,
    thanks... it didn't look like a cheapo one. i'll check out bb&by[p]i think tater tots would bake up real nice in one of those!

• Rick's Tropical Delight,
    I saw those a couple of days ago at out local Big Lots. Can't remember how much, but were well less than $10. [p]I have a couple that have non-removeable handles with a wood insert. Handle wouldn't fit under dome, plus didn't wanna taste the wood. [p]Wanted to cook up some shrimp recently, and simply took some bolt cutters and cut the handle off. Works great. I use my grill lifter to take the holy pan off the egg. [p]It's a great addition to the arsenal. [p]Bubba T