Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just Desserts

Options
J Appledog
J Appledog Posts: 1,046
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm thinking that it was Smokey who made a pineapple upsidedown cake at EGGtoberfest but I'm not sure....[p]We have our friend's class of high school hospitality students coming over tomorrow for an outdoor cooking "class". After the rubs are made & the ribs are on, I like to have some of them do desserts on the gas grill.[p]I'd love the pineapple upsidedown cake recipe or any other fun dessert recipes that anyone is willing to share. (I mustn't forget Bambi's bananas!)[p]Thank you. Julie

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    J Appledog,
    That is James from Seasonal Distributors who is responsible for the Pineapple Upside-down cake. He cooked it at both Eggtoberfest and Eggfest. I have a weakness for it. By the end of Eggfest, with as full as I was, I think that I still ate four pieces.[p]MikeO’s Fruit Kabobs were out of this world. I never did have a whole one; I split one with Da Mayor and and another with JJ’s Wife. Come to think of it, a little Mrs. Dogs mixed with some rum as a marinade for the fruit would be real good.[p]Happy Grilling,
    RhumAndJerk

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Thanks, RhumAndJerk. [p]BBQ Beth just sent me this one. Sounds like a winner.[p]Tortilla Peanut Butter S‚mores (Serves 8) [p]Ingredients:
    1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (No substitutions)
    8, 8-inch Flour Tortillas
    2 cups Miniature Marshmallows
    1 cup Miniature Semi-sweet chocolate Chips[p]Spread about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter over each flour tortilla. [p]Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of the miniature marshmallows and 2 tablespoons of miniature chocolate chips on half of each flour tortilla. [p]Roll up, starting at the chocolate-marshmallow filled half. Wrap in aluminum foil and grill or bake in a 425-F degree pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes. [p]Unwrap the tortillas, place on individual dessert plates and serve.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    J Appledog,[p]Can't take credit for that masterpiece, but James's pineapple upsidedown cake was GREAT. BTW, my order (from Mrs Dogs) came in only days after being placed. The stuff is fantastic and our dog (Reagan) LOVED the bone! I think we'll be making some soon![p]Smokey

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    J Appledog,
    That sounded so rich that I had to drink coffee just to read it.
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• JR
    JR Posts: 31
    Options
    J Appledog,[p]Julie- here's a recipe that can be done easily on the Egg...[p]
    Northland Dr. Grilled Pineapple
     1 pineapple peeled and cored
     2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
     2 tbsp sugar
     ¾ cup orange juice
     1 tsp honey
     ½ cup dark rum
     2 cup vanilla ice cream[p]Preheat grill. Slice pineapple into large rings. Coat both sides with black pepper and sugar. Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side until sugar is carmelized. [p]In small sauce pan, heat the o.j., honey and rum. Simmer until it becomes a syrup. Place pineapple into dish and scoop ice cream onto the center of each slice. Pour syrup over it and serve warm.[p][p]