Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

.com site

irishrog
irishrog Posts: 375
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
Is the .com site for BGE not available temporarily, gone alltogether, or am I having a bad day computer wise. I am getting a message that I am not authorised to access the server when I try biggreenegg.com, which is my site of choice. Does anyone know what is wrong?
Roger

Comments

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Hello irishrog,

Appologies, for the inconvenience. We are working to slow the flood of spam we are receiving; and, apparently your ISP is hosting at least one of them.

It is difficult for us to tell legitimate ip addresses like yours from the ones used by spammers. Perhaps you could complain to your ISP about being blocked from US sites due to spam comming from their customers.

In the meantime, I've allowed your ip address specifically -- the one used to make this post. However, if the addresses changes, then I'll have to allow the new one.

WMK
  • irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Thanks for the reply.
    As I have a floating IP address it is unlikely I will get the same address twice.
    I have had no problem with access for the last 2 weeks but have been blocked again today.
    My ISP is Eircom, the Irish national telephone company. I am due to change to a new company next week where I will be allocated a fixed IP address, so hopefully that will eliminate the problem. Thanks for the help.
    My apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I still prefer to use the old system, and only picked up the response today, when I again got blocked.
    Regards from Ireland,
    Roger