Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PIzza Peel

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking for one. Do y'all know any chain stores that may carry them? I'd like to do some pizzas this weekend. Thanks!

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    HR3,[p]I can't help with locating one except to look for a kitchen supply store.[p]Definitely consider obtaining a wooden pizza peel as the metal ones are quite slippery with fresh cooked pizzas.[p]Spin
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    HR3,
    I'm sure I have seen one in Williams Sonoma. I made my own:[p]TNW

[ul][li]Build A Peel[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • Steeler Fan
    Steeler Fan Posts: 395
    Options
    HR3, try Bath Bath and Beyond $35.00 though.

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    I like your design. Home made has good karma built into it.
    Clay

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    HR3,
    i got mine at a resturant supply store here is a pic
    <101_0360.jpg
    i believe it was only $8-$9
    HTH
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Thanks for all the input. I found some at a local restaurant supply store for $25.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    IMG_01171.jpg
    <p />BENTE,
    here's mine with the handle shortened plus a golf club wrap to give excellent positive grip. Haven't lost a pizza since I wrapped it.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Lizard Dragger
    Options
    RRP,[p] Sweet! A Winn grip on a pizza peel!
  • Eggcitable Boy
    Options
    HR3,[p]Check out the peel at www.superpeel.com
    I havent gotten mine yet, but I understand that this is THEE peel of choice by many bakers. About $34 plus shipping. Endorsed by the team at Cooks Illustrated, and they scrutinize all the gimmick products that never really work.........Eggcitable Boy

• RRP
    Options
    emerilspeel.jpg
    <p />Eggcitable Boy,
    Guess who else has one and was personalized to boot!

[ul][li]Super Peel - just click here[/ul]
  • Curly
    Curly Posts: 46
    Options
    Eggcitable Boy,[p]I read the "What are people saying about it"...saw at least one old BGE'r on there.[p]Are there any negatives with the Super Peel? Like getting your hand to close to the fire...maybe burning the butcher cloth...anything like that...or anything at all. [p]Anybody here highly recommend it, or highly not-recommend it.

• RRP
    Options
    Curly,
    I have one and find it everything they claim. It just so happens that since I use crusts which are semi-baked I have not had trouble using a metal peel. The Super Peel is terrific for homemade dough as you make the pizza on it and then using the wrap around canvas you "peel" it off as it goes on the stone. Not sure what you mean about burning your hand. Your hand is on top no where close to the fire.

• Curly
    Options
    RRP,[p]"Not sure what you mean about burning your hand. Your hand is on top no where close to the fire."[p]That's true, I believe I read something about that as a comment on their site, but must have been using an oven with burners on top.

• RRP
    Options
    Curly,
    I've never heard of broiling a pizza - only baking them.

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    RRP,
    yea i havent gotten around to upgrading pizza peel yet. but that was my intentions. but i intend to leave mine long:~)
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Curly
    Options
    RRP,[p]Dang man...are you a prosecuter or something. Here's what I read that made me say those words...any more questions contact my attorney?[p]“We also tested one unconventional peel, the Super Peel, which is simply a regular wooden peel outfitted with a pastry cloth that’s threaded through the board like a conveyor belt…….When well floured, the cloth proved to be essentially nonstick. The Super Peel requires one hand to hold the cloth, so you can’t keep your hand out of the oven, but it practically guarantees a perfectly round pizza and has a gentle touch with bread loaves. The Super Peel ($33.95)is extremely versatile, but the extra $15 worth of benefits might be lost on the infrequent pizza cook.”

• RRP
    Options
    Curly,
    LOL
    but I rest my case...8^)