Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

NEW PURCHASE OF BGE

edited 7:17PM in EggHead Forum
I FINALLY CONVINCED THE WIFE TO LET ME BUY THE BEST,A LARGE BGE !! I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT I NEED TO BUY TO MAKE MY COOKING BETTER ON THE EGG (ACCESSORYS NEEDED AND DESIRED) BEFORE I GO TO THE MOTHER SHIP TO BUY. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR RESPONSE .
·

Comments

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,572
    MARVW,[p]CONGRATULATIONS![p]You'll find a great number of handy accessories. The two I use most are the platesetter, and the grill extender. After that, a MAPP torch for lighting, and a pizza stone. Then, any of the following: instant or quick read thermometer, remote thermometer, long tongs, long heavy temperature resistent gauntlets, gure/stoker, Dutch Oven, fish grill, etc.[p]gdenby

·
  • MARVW,[p]I bought the MAPP torch about 6 cookings ago, and I swear it is the best way to light for a cook, and is a MUST item IMHO. I found that if you light some lump from the previous cook, it doesnt spark near as much as new lump. 3 spots in a triangle for about 30-40 seconds each will start your lump nicely, then I put on the new lump on top of the fire spots........Eggcitable Boy

·
  • FairalbionFairalbion Posts: 139
    MARVW,
    If you have any money left over, I'd run out & buy a keyboard with Caps Lock key. ;)[p]Best of luck with the Egg - you will not regret it. I've had mine for five years & love it.

·
  • Fairalbion,
    I am sorry if i did something wrong using all caps, my first time entering a post. I read it all the time and just getting started.

·
  • BOBFBOBF Posts: 177
    MarvW,[p]Not a big deal. Typing in all caps signifies that you are yelling. I believe it applies to all e-mail, forums etc.[p]

·
  • Congrats!
    I find lighting my lumps in a chimney inside the BGE using Weber lighter cubes (I get them at BBQ Galore) works great! Also, the thermometer that sticks through the hole in the lid is a must. I just started using an external digital thermometer (made by Poldor) which uses a probe in the meat that extends outside the BGE so you don't have to open the BGE to check the temp.

·
  • BYCBYC Posts: 358
    MARVW,[p]Who cares if you use CAPs or not? Certainly not me. E-mail me and I'll send you the checklist I use for competitions. Must have items for backyard egging. [p]Congrats!

·