Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NEW PURCHASE OF BGE

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I FINALLY CONVINCED THE WIFE TO LET ME BUY THE BEST,A LARGE BGE !! I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT I NEED TO BUY TO MAKE MY COOKING BETTER ON THE EGG (ACCESSORYS NEEDED AND DESIRED) BEFORE I GO TO THE MOTHER SHIP TO BUY. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR RESPONSE .

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    MARVW,[p]CONGRATULATIONS![p]You'll find a great number of handy accessories. The two I use most are the platesetter, and the grill extender. After that, a MAPP torch for lighting, and a pizza stone. Then, any of the following: instant or quick read thermometer, remote thermometer, long tongs, long heavy temperature resistent gauntlets, gure/stoker, Dutch Oven, fish grill, etc.[p]gdenby

• MARVW,[p]I bought the MAPP torch about 6 cookings ago, and I swear it is the best way to light for a cook, and is a MUST item IMHO. I found that if you light some lump from the previous cook, it doesnt spark near as much as new lump. 3 spots in a triangle for about 30-40 seconds each will start your lump nicely, then I put on the new lump on top of the fire spots........Eggcitable Boy

• Fairalbion
    Fairalbion Posts: 141
    MARVW,
    If you have any money left over, I'd run out & buy a keyboard with Caps Lock key. ;)[p]Best of luck with the Egg - you will not regret it. I've had mine for five years & love it.

--
    Andrew (BGE owner since 2002)
  • Fairalbion,
    I am sorry if i did something wrong using all caps, my first time entering a post. I read it all the time and just getting started.

• BOBF
    BOBF Posts: 177
    MarvW,[p]Not a big deal. Typing in all caps signifies that you are yelling. I believe it applies to all e-mail, forums etc.[p]

• Congrats!
    I find lighting my lumps in a chimney inside the BGE using Weber lighter cubes (I get them at BBQ Galore) works great! Also, the thermometer that sticks through the hole in the lid is a must. I just started using an external digital thermometer (made by Poldor) which uses a probe in the meat that extends outside the BGE so you don't have to open the BGE to check the temp.

• BYC
    BYC Posts: 358
    MARVW,[p]Who cares if you use CAPs or not? Certainly not me. E-mail me and I'll send you the checklist I use for competitions. Must have items for backyard egging. [p]Congrats!