Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Now I know.............

fontzmark
fontzmark Posts: 28
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What all the hoopla is!!! Got my egg Sunday, pizza Monday, pork chops today. Set up the egg like Tim showed for the zas and it was great! I will probably make at least one pizza a week and well any day you have pork is a good day! Gotta work Sunday for Mother's day but plan on putting a butt or brisket on that night about 8:00 for the first low and slow cook, can't wait!

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    fontzmark,[p]You've seen the light, welcome to the family! Herd to imagine, but it gets better![p]Smokey
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    ribset28.jpg
    <p />fontzmark,[p]Glad you're having so much fun. Wait until you do the ribs! I bought my Egg thinking if it only can do those - it's worth it. My first batch of ribs was my worst (except maybe for the method that ended with ribs direct from a foil wrap) but my first batch was great and they got better as I got better at doing them. [p]Enjoy![p]Tim
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    festbrisket.jpg
    <p />fontzmark,
    You are well on your way. Tackling a pizza so early on is a big accomplishment. Many folks here still have not tried it.[p]Yall are in for a Mom's day treat. This is the chunk-o-chest I cooked last year at the fest. Top is the beast being marinated in a foodsaver bag, and the bottom is just after throwing it in the smoke. Watch out though, they are addictive.[p]happy hump day.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Tim M,
    That is a gorgeous sight.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    donesal.jpg
    <p />fontzmark,[p]Welcome to the family and our cult following!. Since this is starting to be a "mine is prettier than yours" contest, I just had to throw my hat into the ring. hehehe[p]Actually, salmon is probably the most bulletproof cook you can do in the Egg. No matter what, it will come out perfect.
    Good luck on you Mom's day butt or brisket. A first attempt at either of these can be a challenge.[p]K~G

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    View?u=474327&a=10378379&p=39915982&Sequence=0&res=high
    <p />fontzmark,[p]Isn't this fun??????[p]Boston butt is always a winner. Easy as pie and a low and slow cook for practice. Great pulled pork sammies is the result.[p]Kenny, e-mail me wood ya???????[p]Mick[p]Mick

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    MickeyT.,[p]Coming at ya now.........[p]K~G

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    fontzmark,
    I've only been cooking on my egg for a little over a month.
    Have had nothing but success with it; but it is a learning experience. First pizza was pretty good but I know, like anything, need to fine tune a few points. Just means more meals on the egg!
    Speaking of pork...doing part of a pork loin tonight!

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    KennyG,[p]Ohhhh maaannn!!! I do love salmon smoked on the Egg. I've been using different variations of Greg Richey's Melt-in-your-mouth Salmon recipe.[p]Hey who's been droolin' on my keyboard.[p]I am Hungry Now,
    Jethro

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    3_chicks_2.jpg
    <p />fontzmark,[p]Don't forget the chickens.[p]Carl T