Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Isn't this Woosday?, or, Am I on the Wrong Forum?

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited 2:34AM in EggHead Forum
pork001.jpg
<p />Thick cut, bone-in pork chops with Pear Balsamic/soy/crushed corriander/lemon basting sause.[p]pork005.jpg
·

Comments

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    Lawn Ranger,[p]Yes it is [p]My Flap Meat Dinner[p]1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
    1/2 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
    1/2 tsp mustard seeds
    3-4 cloves garlic chopped
    Marinated while Egg got ready[p]marinated-1.jpg
    marinated-2.jpg[p]Seared then coated with Dizzy Pig Raising the Steaks.
    Egg set up for indirect. Smoked 15 mins, sliced and served..[p]steakready.jpg[p]Served with Ironhorse Old Vine Zinfandel [p]goodwine-2.jpg[p]With a salad (RANCH Dressing). My wife is doing the Nutrasystems thing.. I am doing my thang..[p]Meat is topped with a reduction of the marinade and the zinfandel.
    dinner.jpg[p]

·
  • BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Lawn Ranger,
    Great looking pork chops. Here are my hanger steaks. good luck, Tom Hangersteakcook2.jpg Hangersteakcook3.jpg Hangersteakcook4.jpg Hangersteakcook1.jpg

·
  • TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    Thanks for getting us kicked off, Mike.[p]I know you all have just seen these pics but, hey, this is all I cooked last week! Isn't it sad?[p]3-10-pp1.jpg[p]3-10-ppsandwich2.jpg[p]3-10-ppsandwich1.jpg[p]Happy Woosday!![p]TRex
    ·
    TRex,[p] It's OK we know it's cause you are Stealth Egg'n...[p]PS The bail fund it up to 50 cents...[p]
    ·
  • Celtic Wolf,
    how did you like the flap compared to hanger?? . ..i've heard its pretty similar, but that its a 'flap' of meat basically hidden in a big slab of fat on the underside of the cow. . .

·
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p] Since I can't get Hanger Steaks down here I can say for sure. They were very tasty and tender. They took the marinade very well. So well I thought I cooked them too much :)[p]
    ·
  • Lawn Ranger,[p]Raging River Maple Salmon, Just like the website says, I don't particularly care for Salmon, but this stuff is great.[p]small.jpg
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    BGEBratsMiniHandle006.jpg
    <p />Lawn Ranger,
    It's hooligans day also. Here are some mini cooks. Have a good day my friend.
    Clay

BGEFranks001.jpg

BGEDrBBQSkins001.jpg

BGERibEyes1_07003.jpg[p]

·
  • schleyschley Posts: 35
    Bajatom,
    Love how the icy beverage get less and less each pic!! The steaks look great!

·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    TUSK,
    Still Mama Ranger's all time favorite.

·
  • BurntRawBurntRaw Posts: 565
    Lawn Ranger,
    The Chicken, she is a marinating away.[p]2007_0311FOOD0001.jpg[p]CORN ON THE COB IN MARCH??? Yep, it was there so we'll give her a try (being from Wisconsin my standards are a bit high for corn). Opened it up and seen these narely kernels and thought "rut row."[p]2007_0311FOOD0003.jpg[p]Chicken on the large, corn on the small...[p]2007_0311FOOD0010.jpg[p]Dinner time...[p]2007_0311FOOD0016.jpg[p]By the way, the corn was absolutely terrible! Cows wouldn't even eat this stuff.[p]

·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC01765a.jpg
    <p />Lawn Ranger,[p]Sunday was chuck steaks and country (shoulder) ribs for chopped beef & pork. Saturday was crispy wings.[p]DSC01747a.jpg[p]Happy Woosday
    ~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,140
    100_1330.jpg
    <p />Lawn Ranger,
    sundays tri tip.

·
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    Lawn Ranger,[p]P1010014.jpg?t=1173799294
    P1010015.jpg?t=1173799284[p]Smokey

·
    Celtic Wolf,[p]LOL - thanks for understanding![p]And with daylight savings in effect now, I'll have to wait even later in order to Egg in darkness.[p]"Where's all that smoke coming from?"[p]TRex
    ·
    Smokey,[p]Beautiful.[p]That does it, I've got to have red meat soon.[p]TREx
    ·
    a6fecebe.jpg?t=1173807068
    <p />TRex,[p]Hey man, you're welcome to come and have some Lamb Lolly pops tonight!![p]Smokey
    ·
    Smokey,[p]WOW! Yum. [p]But you would pick a night that I have to work late! We're pushing against a deadline this week at work - ugghh. Have visitors with money coming, so you know whta that means. It's gonna be one of those weeks.[p]What a kind offer and great looking lolli, though - can I take a rain check???[p]TREx
    ·
    TRex,[p]You bet (as long as Costco keep them in stock)![p]"Honey, you smell" Smokey
    ·
  • eggaholiceggaholic Posts: 309
    TriTip29.jpg
    <p />Lawn Ranger,
    Can i post these if they are close-ups????
    TriTip35.jpg[p]TriTip39.jpg

·
  • RoudyRoudy Posts: 431
    Lawn Ranger,[p]This past weekend included ABTs for a House Concert:[p]BGE013.jpg[p]The following evening was lamb shoulder chops:[p]BGE014.jpg[p]The coals were still hot so I smoked a ham with DP rub:[p]BGE015.jpg[p]YUMMY!

·
  • globalwarming.jpg
    <p />Lawn Ranger,
    this is me cooking 12 chicken thighs direct last friday night... sorry for the smoke max.[p]direct cooked chicken thighs cause global warming. i wrote an email to al gore and begged him to sell me some carbon offsets and i promised to do thighs indirect with a drip pan next time.

·
  • Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Hehe....from that shot we're practically neighbours. Might pop over one night - you supply the ABTs, and I will bring a bottle of CC (Canadian Club).[p]Ottawa_egger
    ·
  • hayhonkerhayhonker Posts: 576
    3foods02.jpg
    <p />Oldie but Goodie.
    Once Lumpty hits 350 the sky's the limit.

·
  • HermHerm Posts: 206
    Lawn Ranger,
    Sorry I'm late. Here's Saturday's ABTs, and Sunday's Pork Tenderloin, potatoes, onions, and asparagus with a balsamic drizzle.
    ABTs.jpg[p]PorkVeggies.jpg

·
  • eggaholiceggaholic Posts: 309
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Rick can u step back a two more steps??? Mybe a 28mm lens to boot.

·
  • AZ TravelerAZ Traveler Posts: 662
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Love it, that is great. AZ

·