Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It’s A Sickness

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday Morning, I grabbed the golf clubs and started to call around to see who wanted to hit nine holes. I had no luck so I did the next best thing, I fired up the egg to make some jerky. And now comes the sick part… I had just lit the fire starter and I did not even have the meat on yet, Scot called and said that he was ready to golf and I opted out. Now that is a sickness. [p]I traded nine holes of golf for seven hours of yard work and Jerky making. I am still sore.[p]Tonight is a skirt steak for fajitas as part of a belated Cinco De Mayo meal. The local grocery store only had some bad looking jalapeno peppers, but I did find a Poblano after much searching.[p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    You saved some money, got some much needed yardwork done, and now you have jerky that will last you all week. Fair trade for a game of golf I'd say.
    Nice work. Have fun with the fajitas!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • RhumAndJerk
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I started with three pounds of brisket and it is not going last all week. I will be amazed if it lasts the next two days. I used some Mrs. Dogs and stiff shot of Rhum. I also add some crushed red pepper to kick up the heat enough to keep the kids out of it. The jerky was smoked over a chunk of red oak and that really added a nest dimension.[p]I got some venison jerky from KennyG, which was real gooood.
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• alternity
    alternity Posts: 49
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    Ill trade you[p]I work on a private 9-Hole golf course and eliete old style 109 home community. I didnt have time to Q this weekend but was able to play 9 holes after work Saturday. And it was my second or really first time I had ever played. Now if I can just combine those 2 obsessions..golf..cooking great food..Id have it made ( and boy do I need lessions on driveing)

• RhumAndJerk
    Options
    alternity,
    I think that a mini would fit a golf cart nicely.
    R&J