Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

South of I10?

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did you get that butt pulled off? I need a Stubbs report on the injection. My local meat cutter swears buy it.[p]Mike

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Which Stubbs did he inject with? The mustard-based marinade?
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    TRex,
    I'm pretty sure just the one that says Pork Marinade on it.[p]Mike

• SouthOfI10
    SouthOfI10 Posts: 213
    Options
    DSC00914.jpg
    <p />Car Wash Mike,
    Yep. Almost 19 hours later because I have been fiddling around with the Guru... I got a new toy and had to tinker with it. :) The Stubbs' marinade is "good". It has a lot of crushed pepper, garlic and onion in it that are great, but not so good for injecting. I usually inject Creole Butter. This was just as good and a little more spicy.
    I strained the marinade before injecting, and it worked fine. After I pulled the butt, I mixed Stubb's sauce, half a can of Coke and DP Raging River to blend. I give it an 8 out of 10. Once I get used to the Guru, maybe even a 9.[p]Tomorrow, the ribs...they are a calling...

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    SouthOfI10,
    Mighty, mighty fine looking. Nice mixture after the cook.
    BTW, see about getting an injector so all those goodies can go threw the needle.
    No ribs for me for awhile. Okay, next Saturday.[p]Mike

• SouthOfI10
    SouthOfI10 Posts: 213
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Good point about the injector, but the seeds and chunks in this marinade will be tough to inject without filtering. It's got a lot of "good stuff" in it.[p]Why are you on a rib restriction?[p]My pup is growing like crazy. Sorry for the red/green eye..
    DSC00912.jpg

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    SouthOfI10,[p]That looks delicious.[p]You know, one thing I've discovered is that you can take a bottle of Stubbs Pork "mustard-based moppin' sauce" (I think that's what it's called) and mix it with one bottle of Sweet Baby Rays and that makes for a great combination - the sweetness of the SBRs and the tangyness of the Stubbs together.[p]Cheers man,[p]TRex