Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corn on the cob

Options
Shelby
Shelby Posts: 803
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Doing a couple of chickens later, probably put on some potatoes as well but I need roasted corn. So, I need some suggestions on best way to roast corn on the cob.

Comments

• DS
    DS Posts: 15
    Options
    Shelby,
    Maybe the below thread will be of some help.
    http://biggreenegg.com/archives/2001/messages/72611.htm

[ul][li]Corn On the Cob[/ul]
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Shelby:[p]An alternate way to cooking with the husk: Remove the husk and silk and brush with olive oil and sprinkle with Lawry's Seasoning salt; Obie-Que's Fajita Seasoning; salt and pepper; or the seasoning of your choice. Grill direct to your preferred doneness.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Shelby,
    When we do fresh corn, we carefully peel back the husk, remove the silk, and soak the whole ear in water for about 15 min or so. Remove from water, season as you wish, and pull the husk back up, and grill. I used to do this on my Weber, but haven't had the chance on my Egg, but I would bet it will be even better. The husk will char a little but I believe that it adds to the flavor. Length of cooking time is usually gauged by eye and feel, which I know doesn't help, but the water turns to steam, so a good guess would be about the same as boiling time. Some of the kernels will be burnt maybe, but they even taste good!