Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

179* F

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The shoulder is at 179* and (slowly) climbing. I had cut off the skin before covering with Shakes rub. Before putting it on the Egg, I placed the skin over the top of the pig so the fat attached to the skin could marinade the meat. About 2 hours ago I removed the skin and added a little more rub on top to add a little to the crust.[p]At 2:30, it will be 20 hours of cooking time. I'm thinking it will be done by 3pm at 20.5 hours. I'm planning on taking it off at 185 internal. The plan after that is to let it rest for 15 minutes or so then I'll start pulling. Should I let it rest longer? I have 3 bags of potato rolls, some store bought cole slaw, and several types of Q sauce. I'm thinking of using the Williams-Sonoma Pork sauce since it has a nice vinegar flavor.[p]Looking very forward to some pig,
Cornfed

Comments