Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Extracted juice after rub- Continued follow-up

Mark
Mark Posts: 295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, the ribs were cooked and they were acceptable in my opinion. But not that good by my own standards. They were very tough on the outside and the meat did not fall off the bone like I would have liked. I cooked them for just over four hours. I really think it's my cooker, it sucks. I have no control over the temp or any idea what it actually is even. I just throw lump coal on there and hope for the best.[p]It's now time for some heavy begging. I'm gonna beg for what I want from a woman like I've never begged before, and I've done my share of beggin. Gotta get me some Egg!

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Mark,[p]Been an Egg owner for about 2+ years now and have seen (and spoken to) a lot of folks that expect their smokers to do the same thing Mr. Egg does and it's never the same. A friend of mine used "our" method... 3-1-1.5...expecting his Weber to produce those fall of the bone ribs you expected. We have control...temp control that is.
    IMHO beg! Beg as though your very life depended on it! A man needs an Egg to complete his life. ;>)
    Good luck and welcome
    Carey

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Q%2520setup.jpg
    <p />Mark,
    You and you wife are more than welcome to visit Kathy and me and cook on one of my EGGs. One bite of the food and she will not only say yes to buy one but would want 2 of them.

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Mark,[p]Explain that the Egg can cook ribs using many different methods, each method can produce a rib of the texture and doneness desired, and each can do it repeatably.[p]Also explain that the Egg is equally adept at cooking for long periods at lower temps (jerky, pulled pork, brisket, etc) as it is at producing very high searing temperatures (steaks, select chops, etc). Add some insulation from the fire and you create a great charcoal hearth baking environment (pizza, bread, calzone, stromboli, etc). Everything else falls in the middle of this cooking range.[p]She will love it more than you will.[p]Spin[p]
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Spin,[p]Listen to Mr. Spin. He knows what he's talking about. He's the one responsible for me getting my first egg (my second egg, and third and fourth future eggs, will be my own doing...). I know I talked his ear off at E2K+1 late night, but it was a great time, and I suggest listening to what he says![p]Get the Egg; you will not regret it.[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Mark,
    You guys are such a stitch! As always your information is really good but, in this case of Egg Envy I think my advice stands. Get down and beg like a man! Do what must be done to become a member of the Cult of the Egg.
    Have a great day and as for you Mark the best of luck...now hop to it. Beg!
    ;>}

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Posts: 319
    I put in a swimming pool 3 yrs ago and had to have an egg to go with it, no outside ensemble is complete without the egg.

• Mark
    Mark Posts: 295
    Sundown,[p]Went with the heavy begging last night. Just like when we were college, I don't think I can get her that drunk.[p]Fathers day is coming, I'll keep my fingers crossed.[p]Mark
  • Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Mark,[p]Really...., a man begging a woman to give him something!!! This is unheard of - why I've never,ever, ever begged a woman to give something, unless of course it was ahhh, emmm ahh never mind. Begging is the way to go.[p]Best of Luck,
    Jethro