Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Veal Loin Chops

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

I have a couple of inch thick chops. Any ideas ? I was looking at Spin and Mrs. Spin's recipe but it's too hot to make a cream sauce.
I do have Charcrust. And I am thinking of cooking them high like the Spins recipe. Appreciate any input.

Comments

• Palisin
    Palisin Posts: 64
    Options
    EJ,
    2tbs Olive oil
    sprig of fresh rosemary(dried if ya dont got it)
    sprig of Fresh thyme
    Salt to taste
    Black pepper
    oregano
    Fresh Garilic
    Chop and mix all
    Rub Vigorously Cook like a steak!

• Unknown
    Options
    Palisin,
    Sounds good to me ! I have a tiny bit of the fresh herbs. I just might add some fresh lemon juice, but other than that I'm doing them your way. Thanks.

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Palisin,[p]This sounds like a winner to me. Herbs, pepper, and garlic on veal = a good time. Sounds extra good on a hot day like today.[p]I wanted to start a butt or brisket this evening for a late lunch tomorrow. Unfortunately, the store I went to only had boneless shoulders and half butts and no freakin' briskets!?!? I'm doin' some simple wings tonight instead but will try again at a better store tomorrow with hopes of a late lunch of pp or brisket on Sunday.[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Cornfed,
    Whattt? You only got one store?
    R&J

• Cornfed
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p]I was waiting for someone to say that. There are several stores in the area, but there's also this one little element called Cornfed's liver. I heard Mr. Liver calling while I shopped saying, "Cornfed...Cornfed...it's beer time....it's beer time..."[p]Now that I've revealed the depths of my dementia, I'll honestly say that it was too long of a week to wait around and shop. That plus the fact that ST was on his way over. I'm gonna try again tomorrow. Going to go see my cousin's new babies tomorrow in the early afternoon (real human twin babies, not a brisket or pork butt. I feel I need to clarify since those are often referred to as babies on this forum...). On the way back, I think I may hit my local butcher and get the best looking beef/pork that's there and go to freakin' town![p]Later,
    Cornfed

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Cornfed,
    I envy you. I am still stuck here at work on a production problem.
    Mr. Beer ... Where are you?[p]Say Hey to ST,
    RhumAndJerk

• Unknown
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p]Sounds like it's time for a BGE meat market franchise idea to be tossed around. One could head straight there and they'd have whatever has been mentioned on the forum. You could just point at what you wanted and say "Mine."

• Unknown
    Options
    EJ,
    P.S.
    The Veal loin chops were goooooood.

• Cornfed
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p]ST says "hey!" Production problems blow. I'll have a beer for you. In fact, I'll have several! Sorry, don't mean to rub it in.[p]Good luck getting things resolved. Just remember that the food/beer will taste twice as sweet after things are back on track and you have some time to enjoy them.[p]Cornfed
  • Palisin
    Palisin Posts: 64
    Options
    EJ,
    Glad to help, that bit o citrus is a good idea and compliment those spices well.
    Palisin