Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help- food for 25+ in 2 weeks

Options
Eric
Eric Posts: 83
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Dear fellow Eggers,[p]I’m having a backyard party for 20-30 in two weeks and want to show off the egg to the guests (b/t/w Egg is a large w/ cast iron grid w/ a plate setter available).[p]It will be a casual afternoon party and I plan on serving finger friendly foods- i.e. meat on sticks and similar sized foods.[p]Please share your “best in show” finger food/kabobs and other party type food (cool drink mixes (w/ and w/o booze) are also appreciated). There is a wide range of guests w/ all kinds of tastes so the whole spectrum of food is open. [p]I would like to try some out of the ordinary dishes. Don’t worry about cost or difficulty of prep, I’ll make that decision when it comes time to finalize the menu- just load me up with what has worked for you! Please let me know how many your recipe serves.[p]I already have pulled pork, brisket, AB’s and ribs on the menu so I have that covered.[p]Thanks in advance for your input.[p]Eric

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Eric,[p]Pulled Pork and Brisket for twenty people will be way too much. Do one or the other not both.[p]ABT's are good. I might add the skewered shrimp that has been posted here and some bacon or prosciutto wrapped scallops.[p]Two weeks you more then enough time to get on over to Dizzy Pig's site and other some of there rubs for the shrimp, and scallops. Not to mention the Pulled Pork.[p]
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Eric,
    Maybe some pork medallions, chicken legs, Dizzy Pig wings.

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Eric,
    One of the dishes Spring Chicken and I like to fix for company is fajitas. Set out bowls of grilled (then sliced) chicken, grilled steak, grilled onions and green peppers, warm a few tortillas and let the guests fix their own...nice and easy. Of course, Dizzy Pig on everything. We like Dizzy Dust and Ragin River. Sometimes, if we feel wild and crazy, we use Richards hot pepper mix on the meat. To add to that you could have some sour cream, guacamole and salsa standing by. They can have it to put on the fajitas or as a dip....hope this helps...

Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • 281739485_780d75d78a_b.jpg
    <p />Eric,[p]How 'bout some smoked salmon bites![p]MM
    [ul][li]Salmon Recipe[/ul]
  • Eric
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,[p]The PP and brisket will be done by a client who owns a BBQ joint so I'll order it by the lb. His shop is the only 'Q joint that does PP and brisket that is better then mine. He has a custom made smoker that he has mastered. [p]Kind of sucks b/c I like doing PP and brisket and since he opened I have "scratched that itch" by eating at his shop. [p]BUT- he drools over the BGE every time he comes over to the
    house. Two nights ago we made 6 pizzas of various types and it blew him away! Can't do that w/ his smoker!

• Eric
    Options
    MesaManiac,[p]WOW, just drooled on the keyboard.

• DHall
    DHall Posts: 180
    Options
    Eric ,
    Since u mentioned pizza how about doing a couple different pizzas with different toppings and cut into smaller bitesize squares....good fingerfood and good way to show off the egg

• BYC
    BYC Posts: 358
    Options
    MesaManiac,[p]That may very well be one of the coolest ways that I've seen to serve salmon as an appetizer. Touche' and great Web Site. Especially, the "fish on" pics. David

• Bacon Wrapped Pickled Watermelon Rinds -- Very easy to make and I can almost guarantee that none of your guests have ever had em. They went over very well at my Super Bowl party.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Eric,[p]This is for Indonesian Satays. You can do all the work beforehand and just keep the grill full. You can do pork, beef, chicken or lamb with the same marinade.[p]http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/newRecipes/pork0444.htm

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• byc,[p]I'm getting hungry for it myself. I'm going to have to make another batch! Stick one of those with some cream cheese on a Ritz and Mmmmm.[p]MM
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    228712.htm
    <p />Eric,
    chili rellenos are good. we pile up seafood on ice at the bar area and have a hot oil fondue pot so that guests can do a little cooking on their own. some scollops, shrimp, cooked lobster pieces and some dips like a honey mustard or a horseradish style dip and some batter for those that want it.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    the link might help
    [ul][li]chili rellenos[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]I second the chili rellenos on the grill. They are awesome.
    IMG_1972_edited.jpg[p]Try Dizzy Pig Ginger Lime Chicken Skewers. They are really good also.
    GingerLimeChickenKabobs19Mar06008.jpg

[ul][li]Dizzy Pig Ginger Lime Chicken Skewers[/ul]
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Jonnio, I second this suggestion. YB never runs out of people who are reluctant to try them but then are simply amazed at how good they are.

• Eric
    Options
    Jonnio,[p]Sounds good, will look for Pickled watermelon Rinds-[p]Where do you find them- are they stocked in normal grocery stores or are they a specialty product?
  • I found mine at a Publix around here. Check around in the specialty olives area. I haven't seen them at the big box type stores (Target etc...)[p]The first time I made them I was just as skepticle as the people you will try to get to eat them, so I didn't make very many, but I wish I had.[p]In case you don't have the recipe its pretty easy. Wrap a hunk of pickled rind with regular bacon (not thick sliced). It took me about a 1/3 to a 1/2 of a slice. Put a toothpick through to hold it (I actually did 5-6 on a kabob skewer to ease in flipping). Sprinkle liberally with Tony Saches (sp) or other cajun seasoning. Cook at 250ish until bacon is done, turning frequently to keep the watermelon from burning. It took mine about 30 minutes to finish and remember the watermelon will be sugary, so it will want to burn fairly easily. I would say 3 turns or so.