Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Rib Recipe

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am cooking a prime rib (13lbs)on my Egg for the first time. I have used it for many other things, but never a rib. I am looking for the ultimate recipe.

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Beef Eater,[p]Take a look in the recipe section for Doc Chickens Prime Rib Roast. It sounds a bit odd but the results are out of this world. I've made this recipe a few times and each time it has come out mouthwatering good.[p]Troy
  • sprinter, I second the Doctor Chicken recipe recommendation with two tweaks...use coarse kosher salt instead of rock salt and add an egg white or two to the paste and it makes a better shell in which the prime rib is encased. A royal treatment for a royal cut of Mr Cow!

• BillyT
    BillyT Posts: 29
    Beef Eater,[p]For this cut of meat, less is more. I like a few garlic cloves cut into slivers placed inside the rib in several places. Then rub with a little Kosher salt and pepper and cook to the internal temperature that you like (135 for me).
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    BillyT, likewise, and I use fresh ground peppercorns generously rubbed into the meat...I sear it all sides on high, let the egg cook it with the daisy and bottom vents set to approximately 350 degrees..Full open on the daisy vents, and 2 inches on the bottom vent. Just let the Egg drift down from 700F with the rib on a second rack bone down and rock at 350 till the internal gets to 135..tent under foil for 15 to 20 minutes after removing and enjoy a super rib dinner.
    C~W

• Beef Eater, I haven't done a rib roast, but the link below looks interesting.

[ul][li]Perfect Prime Rib[/ul]