Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

ground coffee as a spice????

edited 5:46AM in EggHead Forum
Just saw a posting referencing using ground coffee as a spice...can someone tell me a little about this? first time I've heard of this. thanks
·

Comments

• ronbeauxronbeaux Posts: 988
    nodock,
    That might have been me. Qbabe uses this a lot on her pork. It gives it an earthy flavor and since I really like coffee, it kicks it up a notch for me. Try it with other bold ingrediants for a pleasant change in flavor. Let it co-exist with other flavors and not as the primary. Don't worry, it won't taste just like a cup of coffee. The fire changes it.

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,560
    ronbeaux,
    I'm in full agreement. BTW in our home a favorite company desert is a dish of Baskin & Robbins Coffee ice cream covered with a small shot of creme de cocoa and 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground coffee. Talk about a "WOWSER" (but really simple) end to a great meal this is it, folks!

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
    RRP,
    I NEED to try that! Since I'm in the land of dark roast I'll bet that is the king of deserts!! Thanks for the tip!

·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,324
    nodock, I can't help ya with a spice, but you did get me out of the chair to make a pot. Now I'll be up all night. T

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,696
    nodock,
    Funny you should mention it. I just watched a taped Bobby Flay show where he cooked steak using a rub he made with coffee grounds as an ingredient. I also know it has been talked about on this Forum for a number of years. I keep saying I'm going to try it but haven't yet. Maybe soon.[p]Thanks for bringing it up again.[p]Spring "Coffee Drinker So Why Not Coffee Eater" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

·
  • nodock,[p]Nature Boy from Dizzy Pig knows about coffee as a spice in a rub. It's called Red Eye Express and it's wonderful! It happens to be one of my favorites. Heck, I think all the Dizzy Pig rubs are my favorites![p]
    [ul][li]Dizzy Pig's Red Eye Express[/ul]
    ·
  • MR HMR H Posts: 109
    ronbeaux,
    Ron I need correct email Thanks[p]MR H

·
    MR H,
    You just have to remove the space in the name. Then change the "at" to @, then the "dot" to a .

·