Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef or Pork

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If you could do just one this weekend, which would it be - brisket or butt? Got some Shake's rub burning a hole in my proverbial pocket and have the taste of wonderful renditions of both brisket and pp (ala NB and MikeO, respectively). Plus, I just finished off one of my two courses for this semester (other one ends Tuesday).[p]Or should I just flip a coin???[p]Later,
Cornfed

Comments

• Mike Oelrich
    Mike Oelrich Posts: 544
    Options
    Cornfed,[p] I vote for the coin flip![p]MikeO
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Cornfed,
    I got the best answer...do em both....ifin I had to choose..right now I would go for the pulled pork..with the chipotle sauce of course[p]Wess

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Cornfed...DUDE!
    Man, that is a toughy. If your guests have not had the treat of a great brisket, then doin' the chunk-o-chest would be the way to go. It is always special...unless you don't pay attention to the cook. At the same time, though, the pulled pork is always a hit, and is tougher to screw up. [p]Damn near a coin toss like MikeO sez, but I lean toward the beef...especially if you tend to do more pork. I like variety.[p]See wum sain.
    Great weekend to ya!!!! And a yeeeeee ha thrown in. And beers.
    NB[p]

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Mr Beer
    Mr Beer Posts: 121
    Options
    Cornfed,
    If you can't do both, I'd vote for the Butt. As EL says: "Pork fat rules!".[p]Mr Beer

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    Cornfed,
    PP with Wild Willy's Number Onederful rub. MMMmmmmmmmmmm.
    bd

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Cornfed, back in South Carolina (or as we say Sowth Careliner), we used to say 'BBQ Beef' is an oxymoron (it was amazing that we knew what an oxymoron was). Go with the pork.

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Wise One,[p]I don't think you can que one of them thar oxymorons either. Have be a mighty long low & slow ox is kinda tough.[p]Jethro
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Cornfed,
    i dont care what meat....just make sure IM there..
    ST

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Cornfed,
    I vote for Pork Butt. [p]That way you can try some PP Pork Hash the next morning with your eggs and coffee. You may not ever buy a can of corned beef hash ever again.[p]Come to think of it brisket would make good hash as well. Oh heck, I vote for beef.[p]Wait, Pork…[p]Nope, Beef …[p]Pork …[p]Beef …[p]Pork …[p]Beef …[p]Pork …[p]Beef …[p]Pork …[p]Beef …[p]Pork …[p]Beef …[p]Now I am Cornfused.[p]Let the butcher decide. Which ever cut of meat looks better egg it.[p]I think that the main purpose here is to drink beer. Therefore, I suggest that you start drinking … heavily.[p]Happy Smoking,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p]I better listen to you; you're pre-med.[p]Ran three meetings today. Had to plan too much, talk too much, and document too much. To counter this, tonight I shall cook too much, eat too much, and drink too much. Gonna go answer a couple of emails then get the you-know-what outta here and high-tail it to the beer and shopping stores.[p]Happy weekend, everyone!
    Cornfed

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Cornfed,
    Been working on a weeklong production problem that I caused while at Eggfest. I may need to follow my own advice.
    R&J