Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first (and second) cook!!!!!!!!

Options
TampaEgger
TampaEgger Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello![p]I did my 1st cook on Sat! I made spatchcocked chicken and proceeded to burn the bejeesus out of it. Heck, I messed it up so bad that I toasted the gasket. We ended up eating hot dogs, made on the egg of course.
Was I mad.......? Yup, at myself. I completely flaked out and disregarded everything I read on this forum. This evening I cleaned up my mess let the OCD take over and made spatchcocked chicken again. It came out perfect! Everyone was raving and my pride is intact again. All I can say is thanks to everyone who posts on this board. I might not have had direct contact with any of you but everyone has helped me tremendously. Hopefully with practice I will also become a regular contributor.
I'M HOOKED!!!!!

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    TampaEgger,[p] Welcome to the cult.. Come to the Ocala Eggfest and have some kool-aid.[p]
  • Mantis
    Mantis Posts: 8
    Options
    TampaEgger,[p]I waited and lurked a year before posting. Looks like you have found the people on this board to be a great resource. I nuked my gasket doing a high temp sear... had a such HUGE backflash that if my wife would have seen it, the Egg would have been put on Ebay the next day. Now there is no way that she would let me get rid of it. We are going to the Ocala Eggfest and hope to see you there.
    Mantis

• Hoss's BBQ
    Hoss's BBQ Posts: 435
    Options
    TampaEgger,
    Welcome!! I started posting here on October 31, 2006. I just reread my first post it was about pizzas. Now I burnt the pizza ONTO the pizza stone in less then 10 mins. The cheese had not even started to melt!! I have made pizzas at home for years in an oven. I have even cooked them in a wood burning pizza at work.(part of my problem actually!! The egg's heat is from bottom!) So i was mortified to admit my failures. This failure is how I found Naked Whiz's site along with many other helpful hints from all the Eggers here. Well enjoy and welcome.[p]