Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weekend's Almost Over--So What did you cook?

Options
Hammer
Hammer Posts: 1,001
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooked four butts for pulled pork; and a couple of flat irons; and before the night goes down; a couple of fatties
Hammer

Comments

• Hammer,[p]Made meatloaf using Qbabe's recipe, baked potato rubbed with olive oil, sprinkled with salt and DP Ragin' River. Deeeeelish.....Wanted to do more eggin' but worked OT yesterday and just settled for a Sunday dinner.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Hammer,[p]Still cooking actually..[p]Put to brisket flats on this around noon.[p]Change the starter in my jeep.[p]Fired up Miss Penny and waiting for her to stablize so I can cook some Sea Biscuits...[p]
  • Luke Bizzy
    Options
    Hammer,
    ABT's followed by direct Egged boneless chicken breast marinated in teriyaki/ginger solution, 'tater salad, peas, and rolls. Not bad, really.

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    mangoshrimp1.jpg
    <p />Hammer,
    I've been cooking most of the day on and off. Sausage burgers for lunch.
    Ginger Mango Shrimp and KC Strip for dinner.[p]Scampi waits till tomorrow.[p]Fatties later today.[p]Mike

• EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    Hammer,[p]Got a roast on along with a sweet potato, onion, and some zucchini. All of it is cooking in the egg. We eat in about another hour.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    Hammer,[p]First day in a month my Eggs have not been covered in a foot of snow![p]Currently braising pork shanks in Jack Daniels, sour cherries, apricots and mint.[p]Smoking wood: Jack Daniels chips.[p]I'm amazed that so little liquid evaporates during a braise on the Egg! (while the level in that dang bottle of JD just seems to go down everytime I glance at it!).[p]Just pulling the meal off now.[p]Photos in a few days.[p]DD
  • Madhatter
    Madhatter Posts: 139
    Options
    Hammer,
    leg-o-lamb...
    P1000255.jpg
    P1000259.jpg
    P1000269.jpg

• Madhatter
    Options
    Madhatter,
    that sucks...

• hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Options
    Hammer,
    Stuffed peppers:
    2lbs ground beef
    1lb sweet italian sausage
    1 chopped sweet onion
    1 TB garlic
    1 TB Cowlick rub
    1/2 TB Raising the Steaks
    1 ts oregeno
    a splash of balsamic
    a splash of red wine
    3 cups cooked yellow rice[p]Fill peppers and cook at 350 for one hour.[p]Broccoli:
    Cover a cast iron skillet with olive oil and heat in a 350 egg.
    Add a TB of chopped garlic
    When this starts browning toss in the broccoli and cook for 15 minutes/until done to your liking.[p]Bread:
    Pilsbury French Loaf - out of the can and into the egg at 350 for 25 minutes.[p]Washed it down with some Australian Shiraz for a nice end to the weekend. Cheers!

• Madhatter
    Options
    P1000255.jpg
    <p />Madhatter,[p]
  • Madhatter
    Options
    P1000259.jpg
    <p />Madhatter,

• Madhatter
    Options
    P1000269.jpg
    <p />Madhatter,

• BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    Hammer,[p]Boneless sirloin with Raising The Steaks, drizzled with top quality balsamic vinegar. No pictures... It didn't last long enough.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Hammer,[p]Thighs, burnt ends, brats and salmon.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    Options
  • Hammer
    Options
    Madhatter,
    Two pictures with wine. Great! Both are good wines; especially the OPUS.
    Hammer

• Hammer
    Options
    GriffinGaDawg,
    OK, I give. I've been away for a while. What does grip mean?
    Thanks
    Hammer

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Hammer,
    Chicken marsala, onion rings, roasted garlic mashed potatos, ribeye steaks, twice baked potatos, tomato cucumber basil mozzarella salad, brats, and french fries. I was busy. -RP

• UGAVET
    UGAVET Posts: 577
    Options
    Hammer,
    Cooked the best Mahi Mahi on Friday nite. Blackened and Shakin the Tree. Most eggcellent. Started 2 pork butts and a whole packer brisket after finishing with the Mahi Mahi. Brisket was rubbed in Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express. 1 Pork butt was rubben in Bad Byrons Butt Rub and the second in Dizzy Pig Swamp Venom. Both were good but the Swamp Venom was awesome. It was an excellent weekend to be an egghead.

• Hammer, Just put 4 whole chickens on the large. 2 on the regular grte spatchcocked and 2 throned -beer (I drank it oopps!). BGE lump for fuel and 4 chunks of guava wood. Smells deelish![p]Aloha,[p]Greg
  • GriffinGaDawg
    Options
    nothing of real significance...I frequent another board that requires something to be in the body. If you noticed, I say everything I have to say in the subject line and, out of habit, I type "grip" in the body of the post. "grip" is simply what we called our home town when I was younger...as in, "I am heading back to the grip after being away for the weekend." [p]
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,[p]
    Hey...when you start drizzeling that stuff on your Wheaties...call me, and I'll talk you down!![p]LOL![p]Evans

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    GriffinGaDawg,[p]I understand this method saves you some time each time you post using it, but I think you may have already given back all of that time and then some explaining this 9000 times. Maybe it would be worth it to just break the habit?
  • Weekends over - and the Egg hasn't been cranked up in several days. [p]Got a stomach virus last Thursday morning. Was still sick Friday. [p]Better yesterday. Almost back to normal today. [p]Gonna crank the Egg back up tomorrow or Tuesday. One of my daughter's is in town visiting until Wednesday, and she wants me to cook one of those "special steaks" on the Egg. [p]I imagine I'll oblige.
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    Hammer,[p]I went to Sam's Club this morning and bought 7+ pounds of spare ribs. I rubbed 1/2 with Dizzy Dust, and 1/2 with Red Eye Express. Cooked them 3/1/1 and for the first time I tried Boss Hog BBQ sauce. Everyone in the family loved it. I also tried my new FoodSaver for the leftovers - I'm hooked on that too![p]Roudy

• Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    Hammer,
    Slow smoked a skinless turkey breast with Dizzy Pig Shakin' the tree and a bit of cornstarch dust for taste and texture and a chunk of maple for smoke.
    SmokedTurkey.jpg
    First time I have done a low and slow with a turkey breast (around 250 'til 165, a bit less than 4 hrs. for an almost 7 lb. bone-in breast), and I'll be havin' the best sandwiches around for lunches this week! I'll be doing this again : )[p]

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Hammer,[p]Guess I should have just replied to your post - I did pork chops.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex

[ul][li]My post above[/ul]
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Hammer,
    Pizza![p]IMG_3140_edited-1.jpg[p]IMG_3142_edited-1.jpg[p]best ones to date!
    Bob

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    bobbyb,[p]wow, those look perfect!!![p]cheers,[p]trex