Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

3/1/1 foil question

edited 9:58AM in EggHead Forum
First try at ribs tomorrow. Read a lot here (thanks!). I'm going to cook them in the rack for 3 hours and on direct heat for the last hour. One question: For the hour they are wrapped in foil, in the rack or on the grill?[p]TIA,[p]Rob
·

Comments

• dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    ribeye rob,
    Either. I tend to remove the rack for when I've done multiple slabs and foiled them. I'd just pile em on top of each other. Your kinda roasting/steaming at that stage.
    Trying to stand ribs up in between the rods of a rib rack with foil on them leads to tearing the foil in my experience.

·
  • Michael BMichael B Posts: 986
    ribeye rob,
    On the grill, meat side down.

·
  • BOBFBOBF Posts: 177
    ribeye rob,[p]The way I was taught by Dr. BBQ was to take the ribs from the grill after the 3 hours, stand them up in a deep foil pan, add about a inch of apple juice and then tent them with foil, back on the grill for another hour and biy they are super tender, try it , you will love it!!

·
  • 28oct06-008.jpg
    <p />ribeye rob,
    i found it kinda hard to get the foiled ribs into the rack because of the extra width the foil made. i haven't been using my rack for ribs lately, i just put em on the grid:
    3 meat up
    1 in foil meat down
    1 meat up & meat down[p]enjoy!

·