Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIBS..just for the record

WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just finished a slab of spare ribs...tried to follow the GFW method of 225-250 3/1/1.5 ....ended up running 275 for 2.5 hours, finally got down to 250 for 1 hour in foil then 250 for 30 mins indirect followed by 1 hour direct with sauce @ 250.....all I can say is....these suckers was some kinda GOOD..they were rubbed with shakes rub and slathered with frenches and then coated again with shakes rub..sat overnight in the fridge...and the rest is history...cant wait to try this scenario on some babybacks.....and damn you foil haters......LOL[p]Wess

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    WessB,
    Since you were interested, I emailed Shake, and asked him if his rub was available to purchase. Here is what he said:[p]Right now I will only sell bulk weights since I don't have those labels printed yet. Bulk pricing will be 10 lbs / $54; 5 lbs - $30; 2 lbs - $16. Shipping is not included. At the 2 lb price, it's $0.40 per oz. If you buy rubs in the grocery store, you can pay up to $0.80 per oz, and you can only get 3 or maybe 6 oz containers typically. [p]Just email him at:
    pitmaster@thebbqshack.com[p]Congrats on the killer ribs!!
    Latah![p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Nature boy,
    Thank you kind sir...I will discuss it with the boss....and we had a discussion earlier....you just let us know when and you are more than welcome aboard...[p]Wess

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    WessB,[p]Baby backs are great in foil. I wish I had done some at Eggfest - oh well - next year.[p]Tim
  • Tim M,
    We will be cooking next year..maybe ribs..maybe ..who knows, got most of year to eggsperiment...whatever it is you can bet your bippy it will be good...man dem was sum good ribs...Sally and I both said..best yet..imagine Babybacks..[p]Wess