Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Life With the new MINI

Options
Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
....is "heavenly"(as nature boy would say) Did burgers last night and for lunch today..so juicey. Just got done with dinner accompanied with a seared london broil..was about to go swimming is it's juice. 3 cooks thus far and havent added any lump, and wont need to for the next cook. I love this lit'l fella. Thanx all for inspiring to purchase junior.
S "BOOM BOOM" T

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    Glad you finally got around to getting one. [p]Loved those sausages - were those store bought or local?[p]Tim

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    Tim M,[p]ditto on the sausages question. And what are the cooking instructions.[p]
  • Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Tim M,
    the sausages were from a local butcher. IM glad you liked them.
    Now my next endeavor is to get that large EGG. When that happens I think I may file for early retirment!
    ST

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    Glad to see your enjoyin..Page is actually doin some sausage as we speak...[p]Wess

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    char buddy ,
    I tend to use no seasoning when it comes to sausage, being that they smoke so well and I enjoy nothing other then a smokey flavor. But I did add kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder on those. You can use many seasonings to your liking...it's really hard to screw up sausage.
    Using any fruit wood chunks, get the EGG between 250-260, and place the sausage one. Flip them at 45 minutes. Then take them off in 30 minutes. These also go well with eggs for breakfast.
    ST

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Yo Boom Boom.
    Sounds like you are having a blast. The sausages you cooked at the fest were righteous. I am also interested in cooking instructions.[p]Did some killer turkey breast cutlets tonight for a quick dinner before the kid's soccer practice. Just covered them with Shake's rub, after hearing reports from RhumAndJerk doin the same thing with chicken yesterday. Yowza![p]yours in righteousness
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    IM waiting for when I do ribs to use shakes rub that you generously donated to me at E2K+1. But i will have to try them on chicken.
    ST

• WessB
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    when you say Yowza...you mean its got a spicy/kick..or just yowza good??? Was thinkin bout rubbin some spares tonight with it for tom.[p]Wess

• Unknown
    Options
    WessB,
    Yowza = good. I did add some green chile powder on my portion, and it had quite a kick to it. The rub itself is not too spicy. That rub is excellent on ribs. Add plenty of cayenne or chipotle if you like it hot.[p]Sounds like you are burnin' that baby non-stop. Probably fighting off the neighbors too!
    have a good one.
    NB

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    When will you learn to express yourself and quit holding it in. Now tell us what you really think about the mini you purchased. hehe

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Smokin' (Boom-Boom) Todd,[p]Welcome to the family.[p]Spin
  • WessB
    Options
    Natre Boy,
    Had to let the egg rest tonight..the leftovers is pilin up..LOL..and besides..we are workin on a double batch of MikeO`s chipotle bbq sauce from the fest..but you can rest assured..we will be scchhhhmookkkin again tom.[p]Life is friggin good[p]Wess

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Smokin' Todd, congratulations and glad to see you have finally exchanged green for green. This little puppy will grow on ya. I can see you and Cornfed at those tail gate partys now with two puffers going..What a crowd!! Hows the home brew doing?
    C~W[p]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    JJ,
    I thought you were staying up here for the week. Was lookin forward to doin' a cook, and pounding some beverages with you. Are you back home now??

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Had not heard from you and plans changed. I am back in Alabama. Would have like to doing some cooking with you and downing a few. See you in Atlanta.

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Cornfed and I haven't had the time to do any brewing since last years' Eggfest. We tried on many occassions to brew in time for E2k+1, but when we were able to squeeze some time in to was at the end of March, which left no time to make a quality brew. And as for the JETS games we will have 3 EGGS puffin' away in the swamps of the Meadowlands come this fall.
    ST

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    JJ,
    I love Junior!!!! Now...just gotta figure out how to get a full rack of spares in there!! Hehehe.
    ST

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    Simple. Roll them and skewer them.
    R&J

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    That will be a sight..regardless of the Jets, win or lose, you still come up a winner. Good odds!! Wonder how the Rams will do this year??
    Happy Q to ya..
    C~W

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    RAMS will be visiting the Meadowlands this year to take on the JETS...I will make sure that will be a tailgate to remember!!
    ST