Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are your favorite Chicken Breast and Steak rubs/marinade recipies?

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had my egg for a little over a year now and I absolutley love this thing. I have not ventured out to much into smoking things...just mainly sticking to steak and chicken. What are some of your favorite chicken or steak rubs/marinades and how do you cook them? Thanks!

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    BassMan,[p] Short Thread this will be :)[p]<font size="6" color="ORANGE">DIZZY PIG</font>
  • Celtic Wolf,
    to be more specific, I would add my personal favorites are Raising the Steaks for beef (and lamb) and Shakin' the Tree for chicken. [p] While I know there are many others, you can't go wrong with those two!

• BassMan,
    I've had my large for a little over a month. One word comes to mind: Awesome! Worth every penny IMO. In addition to being a great grill and oven it is also an excellent and efficient smoker. I've made ribs, brisket & pork butt and have had success w/ all. It's almost foolproof.

Back to your question, Storebought Goyo Mojo marinade is great for chicken, pork, heck just about anything. I mostly use it for chicken though. Based off a Cuban recipe I believe.

• DoMoBeMo
    DoMoBeMo Posts: 15
    My favorite is bone-in chicken, cut up and rubbed down with a little oil, then coated DP Tsunami Spin. Once the chicken is done, take it off of the egg and immediately chunk it over into some of Big Bob Gibson's White BBQ Sauce. (The recipe is in Dr. BBQ'S Big-Time BBQ Cookbook). I think you'll put this one on your keeper list.
  • DoMoBeMo
    DoMoBeMo Posts: 15
    My favorite is bone-in chicken, cut up and rubbed down with a little oil, then coated DP Tsunami Spin. Once the chicken is done, take it off of the egg and immediately chunk it over into some of Big Bob Gibson's White BBQ Sauce. (The recipe is in Dr. BBQ'S Big-Time BBQ Cookbook). I think you'll put this one on your keeper list.