Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Back ???

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am just starting to feel hungry again after the incredible feast I had last night on the baby backs I prepared the GfW way. GfW, Thanks Soooooooooooo Much!![p]But I am now in pursuit of the perfect baby backs. Any tips on how to determine whether the slabs could use a few more minutes on the egg? I got nervous when the bones started falling through the grill; so I took mine off after about an hour and ten minutes into the last part of the 3/1/1.5 cook. As good as the ribs turned out, I am still wondering whether they would have been more tender if I had let them go for another 20 minutes? Or did I save them from being dried out by pulling them off when I did?[p]Mmmmmm...I think I am getting hungry for ribs again...[p]Regards,
E1

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Eggcitable One, thanks for the nice comments. The last part of the cook is really dependant on the make up of the rack of ribs - if there is less fat, I have a tendancy to shorten the total time or merely the time in the foil - I prefer 'pull-off-the-bone' rather than 'fall-off-the-bone' in terms of doneness.[p]Last week I made a very lean rack of ribs that had been marinated in sweet & sour sauce for 24 hours - cooked at about 250 for 4.5 hours - total time was indirect - they turned out great. [p]Life is GOOD! :~}[p]
    [ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]