Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nature boys brisket???????

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How did that brisket turn out??????? Can you give any details about the cook????? I would love to try one sometime.
Thanks for any info given.
New Bob

Comments

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    New Bob,
    Delicious, as usual:

[ul][li]Nature Boy's Brisket[/ul]
  • Bordello
    Options
    bdavidson,
    THANK YOU.
    New Bob

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    New Bob,
    I was pleased with the brisket this year. It was glistening with juices, and very tender. Thanks to bd for the comments![p]I did not do a marinade this year....just a rub. The recipe Brad posted pretty much explains the way that I cook chunk-o-chests. 250 indirect all the way to 190 or so internal (or fork tender).[p]For the eggfest, I did the brisket it 2 stages. First stage I cooked it just past the plateau, and pulled at 165, then wrapped in foil and refrigerated. At the fest I reheated at 250-300 until it was "polder probe tender"....which ended up being about 170. No foil needed.[p]When you choose your brisket, look for one with a full coverage of fat cap on one side. I score the fat in a diamond pattern, just cutting down to the meat. This seems to help the penetration of the rub...or marinade. This year I cooked a USDA Choice, Angus beef....yet I have had good results with "Select" meat (it just takes longer to cook).[p]The important thing to remember is that no 2 briskets cook the same. I have had some finish in 1.5 hours/lb., and then up to 2.5 hours/pound. I plan on trying to inject one sometime.[p]Overall it is one of my favorite things to cook, and it is not nearly as difficult as some folks make it out to be. No other cuts of beef have that same flavor. Keep us posted! You doin' one soon??[p]Cheers!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Bordello
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Thanks so much for the update, I will try to do one sometime next month. I'm still early on in the learning curve and have a tendency to over cook. That is why I thank all of you for your support.
    A not very good cooker, but improving.
    New Bob