Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed pork chop suggestions

WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got some nice pork chops approx 1 1/2 to 2" thick and was hoping to get some suggestions on different stuffings I may want to try..I have never done a stuffed chop before ( Egg or no egg ) so would love to hear some of the different variations you all have..They obviously wont have much if any time to marinate as I get home around 4 pm and would like to eat them this evening....So if you would please...give some ideas..times..temps..etc...I read all the listings in the recipe section and was hoping to get more of a variety..not to mention I dont have many of the ingredients on hand..[p]Thanks in advance..
Wess

Comments

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    WessB,
    I think I'd make a bread stuffing with bread cubes, chopped onion, herbs like a Simon and Garfulkel combo, and add some chopped apples and maybe a few Craisins and/or chopped dried apricots. Moisten the stuffing with some broth or white wine, and stuff the chops (which have been salt and peppered) just before cooking. Now, here's where you need to call in some other expertise; I'm sorry but I don't have specifics about time/temp. I do know that you want to be sure the stuffing's not under-done, so I would guess indirect...maybe racked on a drip pan over some liquid to prevent the meat from drying out. Just my two cent's worth. Good Eating,
    Cheers,
    Gretl

• BD
    BD Posts: 87
    Gretl,
    We missed you last weekend, Gretl!

• WessB
    Gretl,
    Thank You...leaning towards an apple and almond based stuffing with many of the ingredients you mentioned....might be as good a time as any to invent my own concoction...[p]Wess

• WessB,[p]I've always stuffed porkchops w/ boudain, closed the opening w/ toothpicks (or dental floss!) and then dredged the whole thing in paprika. These are the best pork chops that there are! They're modelled after the pork chops that a Cajun store back where I grew up sells/sold.[p]Lisa (a newbie)
  • Gretl
    bd,
    Awww, shucks. Missed you guys, too. We had great weather here, though, and I did up a mess o' chicken with some real kick-ass barbecue sauce I made up. I'll try to replicate the recipe and post it. I also experimented with a stuffed squid recipe (don't go "ewww....it was great!) and I'll adapt it to the Egg as well. So even though I missed you all, I'm doin' my homework![p]Now, let's see all those EggFest recipes posted![p]Cheers,
    G.

• WessB
    lisa,
    Sounds wonderful....Thanks[p]Wess

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Gretl,[p]How is that young, guitar-playing son of yours? We missed him too.

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    lisa,
    First of all, Welcome to the forum.[p]Wow, that is an impressive combo. How do you cook them? Also, how do you make sure that the sausage gets cooked completely? [p]You just got my mouth watering with that post. I can get some good boudain from time to time, please share the recipe.[p]A while back, I thick that someone here used Cajun Dirty Rice to stuff some pork chops. I posted a recipe for dirty rice on the egg, give it a try and let me know what you think.[p]Wow,
    RhumAndJerk

• Gretl
    char buddy,
    Dan's doing just fine, thanks. He just turned 13 and he's a BEAST; grown about a foot just since November. He's working with a rock group (Jim's the bass player) for a Memorial Day gig; pretty heady stuff with some Hendrix, Santana, and Steely Dan. We're so glad he enjoys playing the "oldies" or I'd probably be nuts by now. Or nutser, to coin a new word!
    Next year....
    Cheers,
    Gretl

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    lisa,
    Where's the store "back home" located?

• Dec
    Dec Posts: 70
    RhumAndJerk,[p]How about a dirty rice and boudain stuffing. I might try it this week. I imagine I will need to cook the sausage half way then stuff the chops.
    Saffron chicken tonight, half on ceramic, half in the oven. [p]Cheers,[p]Dec

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Gretl,
    You should have seen that squid disappear this year. 2 pounds of it as fast as I could cut it.
    Obviously not everybody has food hangups![p]It's not just for fishbait anymore.
    Cheers to ya.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Nature Boy,
    The squid disappeared as fast as Cat's ribs! That tells you something right there. (at least I got a rib!)