Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest

Options
WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well gang.....I dont even know where to begin. Sally an I had a WONDERFUL time, we met some of the greatest people you can imagine and ate some of the most AWESOME food either one of us has eaten. As this was our first, we really had no idea what to expect, all I can say to that is that it far exceeded even our wildest expectations, enough so that we alreay agreed to be back next year and be back cooking also. The list of names would be far to long to post here, although I have over 40 pictures that will be put up on the web ASAP. We had a great evening Fri. meeting and feasting on Capt. Billys, and at 9 am Sat. the festivities began. I honestly feel like we all made some lasting friendships, and would highly recommend to all to do yourself a favor and attend one of these events. My hat is off to ALL of the fine people from Seasonal Dist. I dont think there would have been anything more that they could have done for us..and if you`ve never met DaMayor...well lets just say..your missing a wonderful treat. To Dale and all the others...THANKS so much.Sorry to be so long winded...but I just cant say enough about the time that was had by all. We finally arrive home at 8 pm last night..got the Egg disassembled and installed in the table and at 8:15 AM...MY egg is smokin away with 2 nice rack of babybacks suckin up the smoke..this is absolutely my first cook, and armed aith all the first hand eggsperience I got at Eggfest I believe all will go well.
Man...what a wonderful time that was, well I`ll cut mysel short now..dont want this to be a novel...[p]LIFE IS GOOD[p]Wess

Comments

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    WessB, Congrats. on the good time, I'm jeleous. You probably won't let the new addition even cool down for the summer with all the food cookin ideas you must of picked up at Eggfest. Your face is going to be sore if you ever get that smile off of it. Enjoy-Enjoy-Enjoy
    Painter

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    WessB,[p]Let me be the first to say, "It was nice meeting you and Sally! You enthusiasm is great and reminds me of Nature Boy two years ago. Welcome to the family and I hope you enjoy that Egg. I know your cooking on it tonight.[p]I have 50-60 pictures but I am too pooped to fool with them today -- I should have a load up tomorrow.[p]PS> Page(aka PG), you can post too you know - welcome to you to sir.
    Tim

• olblue
    olblue Posts: 42
    Options
    Did anybody get a picture of my venison? I think not you guys were eating it too fast![p]I'll post the marinade soon, but I've been gardening all morning and I going riding on my bike now.
  • Tim M
    Options
    olblue,[p]I think I got a picture of everything - I know I didn't get a bite of everything -- some were gone faster than free money!! I know Cat's ribs and Jim W's were gone in under 5 min each. I think they both had 6 racks -- in 5 min>> GONE!![p]Knowbody went hungry![p]I will get pictures up tomorrow and I will need some help with the names I don't know or forgot or just never knew (my loss).[p]Tim[p]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    olblue,
    That was some killer venison. I was fortunate to be one of the lucky ones that got to try it.[p]Amazing how quickly the food was consumed. Great meeting you and many other new faces. What an incredible group of people we had. Even though the weather sucked....NOT![p]Still a bit foggy in the brain. RhumAndJerk, his friends and I were at a bar til after 1am.
    Nice work on the Venison
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Hey, I was there, too...though not quite til 1am...[p]I think I left at about midnight. Note that I have to say "I think" I left at that time. I had been going all day long at that point, and I think my brain was floating in beer by that point...[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Cornfed,
    I was thinking about you when I posted, but looks like I forgot to type your name!! My apologies. I must assume you found it back to your room okay! Smokin Todd was awake by the time we returned, and he was ready to roll. 7am sure came early.
    Cheers!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Cornfed
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Made it back OK. I'm actually still a little foggy in the brain right now. Great time, though.[p]Despite having eaten enough yesterday to feed two small armies, ST and I are going to cook up some wings in a few minutes. I was inspired by Jobu's hot wings yesterday, and I'm going to make up a buffalo wing sauce from Crystal Hot sauce, butter, garlic, and some flour and then a few drops of Dave's Insanity.[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Cornfed
    Options
    olblue,[p]Bambi and the homebrew were both awesome.[p]Cornfed
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    You guys didnt hurt my buddy Todd did ya?? LOL
    Or did Todd hurt himself !!!!
    Wish we had of been in a position to stay Sat. nite also..[p]Wess

• Tim M
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]""7am sure came early.""[p]And then you came knocking on my door at 7:20am selling Shakes BBQ sauce (I bought 3 bottles).[p]Tim -- an easy touch b4 8am
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Tim M,
    I heard your TV going! And figgered I would get you those 3 bottles you reserved.
    You looked amazingly chipper the morning after 5 of those juleps!
    Those were tasty...but brutal.
    Yowza!

DizzyPigBBQ.com