Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warming up pulled pork and beef

Options
Mayberry Smoker
Mayberry Smoker Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Took some frozen pulled pork and beef out of the freezer today for a dinner at church Sunday. Usually when I heat the meat up we put it in those big disposable alum. pans with a little water and then cover with tin foil. Is this the way most of you all do this or is there something you do different like add something instead of just water, what temps do you all use when warming stuff up, do you use higher heats for shorter time or low heat and warm up slowly or does it really matter. Just trying to get some different ideas to try. Thanks.

Comments

• Mayberry Smoker,
    Most people use Plain ole coca cola,others will chime in I'm sure, hth jc

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    P1010004-3.jpg
    <p />Mayberry Smoker,[p]I freeze in Foodsaver bags!![p]Then boil in the bag and toss with whatever you like.[p]I don't think you can beat it for flavor, and that "just pulled moist texture" we're all longing for when doing leftovers![p]P1010006-1.jpg[p]This batch is destined to meet up with an O'l Tennessee friend...[p]then straight to the Bun!![p]Evans[p]
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Zilm-disabled
    Options
    Mayberry Smoker,[p]I'm not sure of who posted this method earlier but pour a 50/50 mixture of apple cider vinegar and apple juice into the bottom of your pan, enough to barely coat the bottom of the pan. Put the meat in and throw on a small amount of your favorite BBQ sauce cover and warm in the over for 2 hours. I've used this method and a few friends have and it works great everytime. Tastes just pulled and does not dry out the pork as you are essentially steaming the meat.
  • Jake
    Jake Posts: 92
    Options
    Mayberry Smoker,
    I use the aluminum pans also. I just add one can of Coke and cover with foil. I usually let it heat slow in the oven at 225 degrees.
    Jake