Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mississippi Eggers List!

Options
2»

Comments

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    DHall,
    Good to hear from you. Didn't I meet you in Atlanta once before?
    Mitch

• Hammer
    Options
    DEREK RICHARDS,
    There's quite a contingent from Laurel, and Jones County.
    Glad to see my hometown well represented!
    Mitch[p]

• Hammer
    Options
    Conundrum,
    Man I don't know how your egg survived Katrina! But glad it did. Look forward to meeting you!
    Mitch

• DHall
    DHall Posts: 180
    Options
    Hammer,
    No I havent been able to make eggtoberfest yet. I bought my first egg from the old store in Atlanta 3 years ago and havent been back that way since. Eggtoberfest usually falls either the same weekend as Talladega or my mothers bday so Im never free. Hope to make it one day tho.

• Hammer
    Options
    bigarms,
    Hope all is well in Ocean Springs; and look forward to meeting you.
    Mitch

• Hammer
    Options
    Desert Egg 23,
    Then I hope when we do a fest that you'll bring them. Wonder if we could cook a slug burger on the Egg?
    Mitch

• Hammer
    Options
    Ray,
    Good to hear from you! Still doing tri-tips? Give you a shout? I need your input and thoughts as well as everyone else"s, and I need a wingman, and you're nominated.
    Mitch[p]

• bigarms
    bigarms Posts: 136
    Options
    Hammer,
    Yeah we are all uncovered now from Katrina ......it's funny I grill for pleasure but after Katrina it used daily for every meal. Without power and gas for the generator we had to eat the freezer up....I was so tired of cooking and I thought I would never enjoy it again. [p]Hey we were eating good......we turned down MRE's and feed all that came by to help. [p]Look forward to meeting you.

• Hammer
    Options
    Andy,
    Glad to hear from you! Glad to be posting again. I know that you agree that a Eggfest would be great in Mississippi, and you can help make it happen!
    Mitch

• Conundrum
    Options
    bigarms,
    About 1/2 mile off beach blvd - close to beach park. I keep my egg under a roof/ceilinged patio - figured out I was turning the ceiling and soffit black so I currently have an exterior kitchen hood on order from Grate Grills to cook under. Funny though I've never actually been to the store - my wife went and said I'd love it I just haven't made it over yet.
    Look foward to meeting everyone.
    Reed

• Conundrum
    Options
    Hammer,
    Well actually I'm a fairly new egger and got mine for Christmas of 05 so it missed the great flood. One of my friends though had his go swimming. He lives 1 block off the beach in a particularlly low area and took a real beating. He found all of the pieces of his egg (lid and base had seperated) spread over about a block, nothing broken, put it all back together, and like a lot of people ended up cooking for several of his neighbors. [p]Look foward to meeting everyone.
    Reed

• Babyray
    Babyray Posts: 250
    Options
    Hammer, excellent idea. for Ms. eggfest.. I still do tri-tips sometimes.. tonite I just finished a flatiron steak..Hope it turns out good.. seems tender.. Faye and I are really excited about a Ms. eggfest.. Will help anyway I can..[p]Your McComb friend,[p]Ray

• SouthOfI10
    Options
    Hammer,
    Woohoo! Glad to see that my home state has more than a few fellow Eggers!!! I reside in Atlanta, but you can't take the coast (Gulfport...aka SouthOfI10) out of the boy! If you do an Eggfest, I'll make the trip over.[p]Cheers.[p]Scott

• Hammer
    Options
    Scott,
    Great screen name! I never knew that we had so many eggers either. I've been an egghead for a long time when BGE's in Mississippi was practically non-existent.
    Stay in touch!
    Mitch

• OSHarborEgg
    Options
    Ocean Springs, MS here!