Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

this is the weirdest thing....

Options
stike
stike Posts: 15,597
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i have a dry-aged ribeye ready to go, and in the back of my head i hear "tuscan rib-eye".[p]so i sit down to the 'puter and call up google. i type in tuscan ribeye.[p]what comes up as the first and most applicable link? see the link.
only a recipe for dry-aged rib-eyes done tuscan style WHICH WAS FROM THE BIG GREEN EGG RECIPE SECTION. [p]that's pretty funny. because normally i start here.
it just proves i shoulda.[p]better than google, it's the big green egg forum!

[ul][li]google return[/ul]
ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante

Comments

• Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    Options
    Hey stike, was it you who recommended the Unicorn Pepper Mill from Nantucket?
    I just got mine in the mail today. It is pretty awesome![p]

• stike
    Options
    Herm,
    HEY!
    very cool. i'm glad you like it.[p]yeah. my folks got me one. they are always recommending cr^p like timeshares and beaded driver-seat cushions. but this time, they were spot on![p]scroll down to my little paean to steak au poivre. i dialed that sucker full open and made myself a small bowl full of cracked pepper in maybe 20 seconds.[p]i love that shaker. i hope you do to. in fact, give it a week and if you don't like it, i'll buy it off you. i like to keep a couple different peppers around, but all my other grinders stink....[p]

• Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    Options
    stike,
    Thanks for the recommendation! I did see the steak and it's now on my list.
    I also bought the mini for traveling!

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Jupiter Jim, it would appear right here.

[ul][li]Nantucket[/ul]
  • stike
    Options
    Herm,
    i got the small for vacation trips, and lemme tell you, i'm now the proud owner of a back brace![p]good call on the mini.[p]...though my problem is likely that i'm a scrawny ol' man more than the small egg's fault.

• hayhonker
    Options
    Jupiter Jim,[p]Right from the source. I've got the Magnum Plus and can honestly say it's performed beyond expectations. We used to go through a mill a year. This one is going on three years now.
    [ul][li]Worlds Best Pepper Mill[/ul]
  • JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    Options
    stike,[p]This is the pepper mill Alton used to recommend on his website under gear for the kitchen. I wish he hadn't taken that part of his website down. It was really good.[p]John
  • stike
    Options
    JM3,
    yeah? that's cool. i just saw it was a cook's illustrated highest rated thing, too.[p]guess i wasn't out on a limb recommending it.
    i have seen it on his show.

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    stike,[p] Doesn't the small weigh more then you???