Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mississippi Eggers List!

Options
Hammer
Hammer Posts: 1,001
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know that there are a few Mississippi Eggers, and I'm trying to compile a list of who, what, where, and e-mails.
We'll start our own Eggfest in Mississippi to make sure we get in line with the other states that are hosting them. Please reply!
Regards,
Mitch Chance aka Hammer

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Hammer,
    Mitch! Hey guy, where you been? It has been ages since you were a regular poster here. In fact many folks here now don't know you as some of us did as for being the resident wine connoisseur and so willing to help one and all. Welcome back and please stay in touch!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Hammer,
    Long Beach here. Where are you?
    Bob

• BOBF
    BOBF Posts: 177
    Options
    Hammer,[p]Slidell, LA should be close enough.

• bayouegger
    Options
    Covington, LA. Not too far from some parts of Mississippi.

smunster@gmail.com

Steve
  • PigsEye
    Options
    I'll pass this message along to them. I don't think they read the board.
  • Chainsmoker
    Options
    Hammer,
    I'm here in Olive Branch. Near Memphrica.
    Ryan

• Bluegillman
    Options
    Hammer,
    Where in Mississippi?

• Hammer
    Options
    Bluegillman,
    Live in Brandon; been an egghead for a long time. Used to be a real active poster; but not real active for the past several years. Where are you at?
    Hammer

• Hammer
    Options
    PigsEye,
    Great! I'm originally from Laurel. My brother is the Fire Chief there now. Glad to know that Jones County has a good egg base!
    Hammer

• Hammer
    Options
    Ron,
    Thanks for the kind words. Hope all is well with you and yours. I still am drinking and recommending wines, but retired now. I want to get active again with the egg community. I've sure missed it! Great folks here.
    Mitch

• Hammer
    Options
    chainsmoker,
    Good ole Desoto County. Close to Memphis, and good Q.
    Thanks for the reply!
    Mitch

• Hammer
    Options
    BOBF,[p]Close enough for me! We just need to get some good folks together, and have our own Eggfest.
    Mitch

• Hammer
    Options
    bobbyb,
    Live in Brandon. Good to see that Katrina didn't blow your egg away. I understand there are quite a few eggers on the coast.
    Mitch

• bobbyb
    Options
    Hammer,
    Allen Ezelle lives somewhere close to you.
    Bob

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Hammer,
    I know there's at least one in McComb and one in Natchez. Hopefully, they will see your post.[p]Looks like enough to get serious about a Mississippi Eggfest. Spring Hen and I might want to make that one. Keep us posted.[p]Spring "Egg Fester" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• TheHulk
    TheHulk Posts: 157
    Options
    Hey Hammer....I sent you a couple of emails not so long ago checking in on you. Glad to see your posting.[p]Andy
    Madison, MS

• BOBF
    BOBF Posts: 177
    Options
    Hammer,[p]I am all for it. It is a ways off, but the Hammond, Louisiana Blues and BBQ Challenge is scheduled for March 30 -31. Might be a place for an organizing committee to get together. I spend a lot of time in the Yazoo City area for my work. Also travel up to Memphis a lot so most anywhere is OK with me. My main office is in Petal (Hattiesburg).[p]You remember Jerry Clower's story about how fast the City of New Orleans is? Leaned out of the window in McComb, Mississippi to say goodbye to his momma and wound up kissing a cow in Hammond, Louisiana. Sorry, I just think of that every time I drive up I-55.[p]Several years ago a few of us met in the back room of the Faux Paus bar in New Orleans and decided to re-start a quarterly gathering of Crude Oil Reps (it had stopped many years before). The gathering is an institution now, so be careful, these things can take on a life of their own.

• Babyray
    Babyray Posts: 250
    Options
    Hammer, Great to see your post, Hammer and I think this is a great idea.. As you know I am in McComb..Here are some more eggers that I turned on that do not post or lurk on this page...Bobby Greenlee (my bro-in-law) of Summit has large and small..Grandson Kelli Foster in Rankin Co. in new subdivision N. of H-way 25 and just east of Castlewoods. Another grandson, Jody Foster, Natchez..Dr. Billy Moore of McComb.. My neighbor Danny Simmons, (went to Eggtoberfest and came back with large and all accesories)//My friend, Pat Brumfield of McComb (BP oil dist.) and we have many friends and neighbors that have sampled our eggfood..They would attend, I am sure. If I can help in any way, give me a shout..[p]Ray Price

• LSUGirl
    Options
    Gonzales, LA here!
  • Hammer,
    My In-laws live in Corinth and love their large egg!

• Conundrum
    Options
    Hammer,
    Well I'll chime in and represent the coast - Pascagoula here. I've got at least three friends who are pretty avid eggers. Sounds like a good idea to me to have a fest...[p]Reed

• bobbyb
    Options
    Hammer,
    Our eggs are fine, and house is back together. I know of two eggers in Bay St Louis, and one in Mobile. I think a fest would be great and would be willing to help.
    Bob

• Hammer,
    I am from Laurel and have a bunch of friends with green eggs, all my neighbors have them my inlaws, probably 8 in my immidiate circle.
    here is another,
    Mike Johnson email... mjohnson@stmtires.com

• DHall
    DHall Posts: 180
    Options
    Hammer,
    Meridian here. Got a friend who just got an large up in Oxford after admiring mine for the last couple years.

• DHall
    DHall Posts: 180
    Options
    Hammer,
    Ive got a bunch of friends in the FD in Laurel. Hunted with several of them for the last 10-15 years now in the Pachuta/Enterprise area.

• Jack
    Jack Posts: 10
    Options
    Hammer,
    There is four or five of us in Pascagoula.
    We try to get together and do "supper club"
    at each others house but Katrina took a few of our houses
    away!
    PS: I'm looking for a used Small egg if you know someone that is ready to move up.

• PigsEye
    Options
    See you got the email. You should start checking this site out. Some good info on here. Should have some good weather days and time to get out and take a picture of my table to send you.
    A.B.[p]

• bigarms
    bigarms Posts: 136
    Options
    Conundrum,[p]What part of 'goula town do you live. I grew up down there and my family still lives there. I gave my son a large last year and is an avid cooker. [p]If you have time, go over to Grate Grills and More on Pass Rd in Biloxi. The owner has turned the store into a deli and he is cooking using several X-large BGE's. He is selling Pulled Pork as fast as he can wrap them.
  • TideJoe
    Options
    Hammer,[p]I'm a Alabamian..... but I've been in Hattiesburg with my 2 eggs (large and small) for 6 years now.

• Hammer
    Options
    TideJoe,
    Nothing wrong with Bama folks; a lot of contributions for Q have come out of there, as well as some well known Q restaurants.
    Glad to have you in Mississippi!
    Mitch