Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Breast Questions

Dooms-Dave
Dooms-Dave Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a turkey breast brining right now and will be loading it into the BGE tomorrow. It is boneless and weighs about 4 pounds. [p]I need to know what temperature to cook to and approximate total time to cook one this size? [p]I will be using indirect with a drip pan I assume? [p]Any opinions on what to put in the drip pan (juice / water)?[p]Should I be spraying with olive oil during cook?[p]Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Comments

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Dooms Dave,
    I did a 7+ pound turkey breast last Sunday and it was the best ever! I coated the outside with olive oil and seasoned (see post on injecting above).
    I cooked mine at 275* for about 3 1/2 hours...internal of 180. I cooked indirect with an drip pan and the turkey on a 'V' rack. Also, threw a few potatoes (sweet and regular) on and had a great meal with even better sandwiches the next day!