Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mini egg is HERE!

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My mini egg has arrived. It is sitting in a box on the front porch just waiting for me to bring it in. So what should I do first on it? Open to suggestions!

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    MollyShark,
    The small and mini are both at the top of the class for searing. I would recommend steaks, pork chops, veal chops, or squid. Something that benefits from the close proximity to the coals, and high temps!!! I'm SEARious.[p]Enjoy, and congrats on the new addition.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Ed G.
    Ed G. Posts: 24
    Options
    MollyShark,
    Congratulations!! Your in the beginning of years full of wonderful smoking and grilling. Let your imagination guide you. The Big Green Egg cooks everything to perfection. [p]In starting out, you may want to try something easy like chicken, just so your can get the feel of controlling the heat and time etc. The Egg is very forgiving so have fun, and feel free to post your questions on this forum. There are a lot of pro's here that really know what their doing.[p]I have a large Egg and I'm in the process of buying a mini or small Egg to take camping with me. Where did your by yours?[p]Happy "Q"ing[p]Ed G.

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Nature Boy:[p]I agree. MollyShark needs to crank that Mini up to 700* - 800* and grill a couple of 1 1/4" thick ribeyes dusted with Lawry's and sprinkled with Worcestershire and set out on the counter covered for an hour.[p]
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    djm5x9,
    Yeeeeeeeeeeee Ha!
    1 1/4" sounds aboout right. Possibly erring on the high side.[p]Sear, Molly.
    Sear.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • mollyshark
    Options
    Of course this new baby joins my medium which is quite broken in. All it is really waiting for is my basset hound to go over and confirm that it is really a fire hydrant. THEN we can cook.[p]Ribeyes it is! Sear I will.[p]mshark
  • mollyshark
    Options
    I ordered the mini directly from BGE. The stores do not carry them (from what they and BGE told me). Came packed large enough for a hot tub! $40 shipping and here she be!
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    MollyShark:[p]Let the christening begin! I got the steaks, Nature Boy and I are headed your way . . .

• Nature Boy
    Options
    djm5x9,
    Just head for the smoke and whooshing flames! I'll meet ya at the crossroads.[p]Molly, enjoy breaking that little jewel in.

DizzyPigBBQ.com