Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Absolute Domination by the BGE

Options
phreakingeek
phreakingeek Posts: 34
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm sure i'm not the only one who felt a little trepidation when getting started egging. I was worried about my ability to cook all my favorites on this thing...kept the old stuff around 'Just in case'[p]126342625-M-1.jpg[p]
Well, after a month...i gave away all the other meat cooking devices and now consider my BGE an instrument of the finest meat cooking precision.[p]130807861-M.jpg

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    phreakingeek,
    gee, it took you a whole month?!?!?!? LOL

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    phreakingeek,[p] I brought mine home from Eggs by the Bay. I gave my old offset to the guy who helped me unload Humpty from my Jeep. Sold another offset and gave one to my Step-daughter and her boy friend. I have one in the box that will be going on Craig's List right soon.[p] I have a Black & Decker Cabinet for storage :)

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    phreakingeek,
    Good for you and have many years of great cooking ahead.I am 70 years young and been grilling and smoking for about 45 years.Wish I had bought a Egg many years ago,cant be beat.From the pic you might want to put a paver block around a 1 1/2 inch thick under the egg.Have seen photos on the forum where a bottom wooden shelf can burn,I am sure the guys this has happend to will chime in.Welcome aboard.

• phreakingeek
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]
    spin the "Wheel of Excuses..."[p]1. It was cold as a...you know
    2. I..........am........a.........slow...........learner
    3. Took a month to find a rube who'd take em.

• phreakingeek
    Options
    darnoc,[p]I just ordered my platesetter and pizza stone from my local BGE dealer and as soon as they come in, my fire brick splits are going right under Deborah (as in Deborah Harry...the singer for Blondie with the smoky voice)
  • phreakingeek,[p]assimilation is complete.