Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today's cooks egg and non egg

Options
JM3
JM3 Posts: 272
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First here are some shots of the brisket I put on last night. I'm using it to make some chili for a chili competition at church tomorrow night. [p]The flat
17Feb07brisketflat.jpg[p]A close up
17Feb07brisketcloseup.jpg[p]Then I made a yellow cake last night. Not on the egg the brisket was on there. It is a yellow cake that I got the recipe from Eggbeater with a chocolate sour cream frosting from the same site. Links to both under the recipe section on the right hand side of the blog. One of the best yellow cake recipes I've ever made. It always gets rave reviews.[p]17Feb07yellowcakewithchoclatefrosti.jpg[p]A happy child eating cake
17Feb07happycakeeater.jpg[p]Less than a month to the FL Eggfest. Can't wait.[p]John

[ul][li]Eggbeater[/ul]

Comments

• gman
    gman Posts: 106
    Options
    That's interesting & inspiring. I've never had chili made from brisket before. Is it an 'all meat' chili?
  • JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    Options
    G-man,[p]I started making it once when I had some left over brisket one day and my wife really liked it. I'm still fooling around with the exact recipe. I couldn't find any chorizo sausage yesterday so I got some andouille and cooked it and used the grease to saute the onions and garlic. You could add beans to this chili if you want. I was thinking about adding some black beans but ended up not doing that. I did add 2 oz. of dark chocolate. You can't really taste it but I think it did add a faint background note to the flavor. [p]John