Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lake Trout Fillets

Options
Mop
Mop Posts: 496
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have some gorgeous Ontario Lake Trout fillets and some nice "Southern Secrets" fish and shrimp batter....[p]Any suggestions on times/temps/indirect/direct?[p]Mop!

Comments

• Dr. Strangelove
    Options
    Mop,[p] I usually like to do my lake trout fillets (Lake Jocassee, SC) over direct skin side down with just a brushing of oilve oil and salt and pepper, sometimes some Old Bay or lemon pepper or cajun seasoning because I like the taste of trout by itself. I don't usually flip the fillets unless they are more than a half inch thick or so (and I'm not usually that lucky). Never have tried seafood breader on the grill, sounds interesting. I like to have the mini at 450deg and look for the meat to just start flaking apart on the top side. This usually chars the skin beyond edible standards, so you may want to flip if you like to eat the skin. Anyway you do it it is the best fish around - especially if you catch it yourself.[p]JET

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Options
    JET,, yes she sure is good eating....[p]I grilled it direct over fairly hot coals with a light dusting of the flour type batter...(not really a batter at all)...some saltand pepper..
    Skin side down for most of the cook, I flipped it over just to crust us the batter a tad....[p]I will to say it was the best fish I have ever eaten....[p]Mop!