Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cook's Candy

SigmoreSigmore Posts: 621
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thirdeye has shown pictures of it but someone please give up the recipe for that heart stopping candy bacon. I'm sure Celtic Wolf probably has it stashed some where too.
·

Comments

• sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
    sigmore,[p]Do a search under "pig candy" and you'll see some variations but its basically bacon rubbed liberally in brown sugar (1/2 cup or so) and some BBQ rub (about 2-3 TBSP mixed in the sugar) or cayenne (to your taste) and smoked indirect until its golden brown. Pretty good stuff and VERY simple.[p]Troy
    ·
  • SigmoreSigmore Posts: 621
    sprinter, Thanks, that is about what I thought it might be by looking at a picture of it. Thick sliced would probably work the best I would think.

·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    sigmore,[p]You mean THIS[p]
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    sigmore,[p]Here is good how-to for Pig Candy. If you go with the brown sugar topping is is important to wait until turning to apply it to avoid burning. If you use a rub, of course don't go heavy especially if it is a salty rub, but you can get away with sprinkling the bacon on both sides before the cook. [p]~thirdeye~
    [ul][li]Pig Candy[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • SigmoreSigmore Posts: 621
    Celtic Wolf, Yepper, that's it.

·