Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Selling the BGE

Options
Grumpa
Grumpa Posts: 861
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,

I'm a new sales person for the BGE at Stoves n Suff in PA.[p] Please give me your best selling feature for the BGE. What made you buy the BGE!!! in one sentence please.[p] Thank You for the help

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Bob, just keep reading this forum. Virtually every post tells why someone thinks the BGE is the most wonderful outdoor cooker ever conceived. Unfortunately, most of us cannot tell you why we spent this much money on a cooker. It's just that having spent it, we now realize what a good buy it is and wonder why we didn't do it years ago. In a sentence I have have never had an outdoor cooker that will allow me the flecxibility of temperature control that the BGE has. Also, I have never found a cooketr that will allow me to cook meat as well done and still be moist.

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    Bob,
    Food cooked on the Egg is superior to any other method.

• Trout Bum
    Options
    Bob,
    it's fun and easy to cook on the Egg.

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Bob,[p]ONE - Flexibility is the biggest selling point to me. I can slow smoke a brisket at 200 degrees for 20 hours or I can sear a nice steak at 700 degrees for a couple of minutes. Very versatile.[p]TWO - All weather cooker. It cooks the same in 90 degree summer days or 0 degree winter nights. I've smoked a pork butt overnight with temps dipping below zero and the egg maintained a constant 220 degree temperature without skipping a beat.[p]THREE - Quality of food that you can cook on it. Moist, tender, wonderful. It does not dry out the meat like other grills have a tendency to do.[p]Good luck, you will get a LOT of great sales pitches here.[p]Have your customers take a look at this forum also. Put a PC on the salesfloor and have it logged into this website and let them see for themselves what people are saying about it.[p]Troy
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Bob,
    It is not your father’s Charcoal Grill.[p]Sorry, I just had to use the old Oldsmobile slogan. Most people have bad experience with charcoal, so they just assume that lump is the same way. [p]Also, the baking qualities of the BGE are just not possible on a gas grill.[p]Hope this helps,
    RhumAndJerk

• Trout Bum
    Options
    sprinter,
    What a GREAT idea! I'm going to mention it to my dealer and see if he'll put a PC on the floor.

• Redneck
    Redneck Posts: 20
    Options
    Bob,[p]It's a complete package.[p]I agree with the Wise One....well worth the investment.[p]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Bob,
    Word of mouth made me buy the BGE. This forum, the eggs versatility, ease of use, and the massive improvement in the quality of the meal is why I bought a second.[p]Sorry. Two sentences.[p]Good luck with your sales.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Bob,[p]The best testimonial I can think of is the sheer number of multiple Egg owners. I am just one of many many on this forum. Invite your prospects to email any one of us.[p]K~G

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    Bob,[p] One of the most forgiving cookers, you will ever have the pleasure to work with.. [p] Earl
  • Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    Bob,
    Taste---Fun! Is that one or two sentences?:-) Bob

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Bob,
    Answer to the first question, it was the actual testimonial pages.
    Second question, it was the quality of the ceramic's, the integrity of the company, and the company service to its customers.
    Hard to do that in one sentence!
    C~W[p]

• Pug
    Pug Posts: 57
    Options
    Bob,
    This forum, the versitility of the egg, and the need to make great BBQ.

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    Bob,
    You can cook high, you can cook low,
    You can cook in Rain or in the snow.
    It's all ceramic and rusting never,
    The Big Green Egg will last for ever.
    You don't even have to know how to cook,
    For those answers to the forum you'll look.
    You purchase an EGG and you'll agree,
    We are all just a BGE FAMILY[p]

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    Bob,
    It's cute.
    All the other superlatives have been said, and all are true.
    Cheers,
    G.

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    The best thing about owning one is the confused looks on people's faces when you tell them you own a Big Green Egg. :-)
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Bob,[p]You are one of the first sales people to show up here - good for you. The stores around here that sell the Eggs are full of salesman who have no idea what it does. Glad you asked and you will catch on if you hang around a little. The Egg does the best job on ribs! Cook some some saturday morning - thats how I bought mine.[p]BTW, you need to pick another name - BOB is taken and the computr thinks its that BOB posting.[p]Tim
    [ul][li]Tim's BGE world[/ul]
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Bob,[p]It smokes as well or better than any other smoker!
    It grills as well or better than any other grill!
    It comes witha forum of people ready, willing and able to help.[p]and[p]It liiks soooooooo coooool![p]Smokey

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Smokey,
    “But this goes to 11”[p]sorry, just got out of a long meeting.
    R&J[p]

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Bob, You are reading them now. Smart salesman.
    Painter

• JimE
    JimE Posts: 158
    Options
    Bob,
    The best thing about the egg to me is its unbelievable ability to hold a consistent temperature for very long cooking periods. Build your fire, get it to 225, scatter some wood about so some will burn now and some later, put on some butts at 8PM, go to bed, get up at 8AM and smile happily when the thermometer still says 225 and smoke is still enveloping that luscious meat......it doesn't get much better (or easier) than that. One more thing.....the look on peoples faces when you feed them what you cooked!

• GaDawg
    GaDawg Posts: 178
    Options
    Bob,
    How about this. I have a large bge in a table with
    all the bells and whistles. I just left the Atlanta
    store with my new MINI and felt like a kid at Christmas.
    I think that pretty well sums it up for me.[p]Chuck

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Bob,[p]You want a one liner?! Try this on for size.[p]You probably couldn't cook on one of these things anyway.[p]If you are a real salesman you'll figgure that out quick![p]Carey

• Sippi
    Sippi Posts: 83
    Options
    Bob,
    Fascinating versatile year round hobby.

• Bob,[p]Here's one--Damned fine grub![p]VFucci

• Bob,
    I dont EVEN HAVE ONE and I want ONE!!![p] sheegh

• Bob,[p]Your customers could buy one of those outdoor ovens....I mean gas grills....or they could enjoy food that is more easily cooked, more moist, more flavorful, more different, and more fun, than food cooked or bought anywhere else, AND with you, BGE Company, and this forum, your customers cannot buy a grill with better customer support available for any other outdoor oven...I mean gas grill.[p]Regards,
    E1