Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Egg & Dizzy Pig Barbque College

Options
AZ Traveler
AZ Traveler Posts: 664
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The wife and I just returned from Lake Havasu City, AZ where I attended a Big Green Egg & Dizzy Pig BBQ class hosted by fellow eggers Lovehandles & Goose, I want to mention that they are the nicest, greatest people you will ever meet.
The Pit Masters were Chris Capell & Kenny Baker whom most of you know. I can't explain how helpful they were in one setting of this forum. If you ever get a chance to attend one of these classes, please do not turn it down.
I'm sure Lovehandles & Goose will be posting pic's later and I will as well, need time to get them loaded and arranged.

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    AZ Traveler,
    I must have missed those live reports over the weekend, glad to hear it was a good time. -RP

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    AZRP,
    I didn't have time to report. On Friday night we were there till about 10:30 p.m. And finished late Saturday afternoon. I will e-mail you later with the details. Was sorry you and Kim couldn't make it. AZ

• It'd be great to go to that. [p]Just need it to be a little closer to Georgia or Florida to get there. [p]Bet that was a blast!
  • AZ Traveler
    Options
    Bubba_T,
    It was totally awesome. Chicken in all forms and pieces, turkey, pulled pork, brisket, lamb chops, tuna, pizzas, ribs, and on and on. It was unbelievable. AZ

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    MIKEPIZZA.jpg
    <p />Howdy John
    Good meeting you, and thanks for the kind words. Mike's wife made up these cool certificates for everyone, but the class wasn't any offical thing, it was just a thing that came up because Mike asked me to. I have been looking closely at doing some classes in the future, so I thought what the hell. I already have met Mike and some of his good karma buds, so that made the decision easier[p]I agree totally about the people. I met a few dozen folks this weekend and every one of them were class acts. Plus, ChefRD showed up as well. Turns out he lives right there in :ake Havasu City. Mike worked his tail off and it showed. Made me happy to see folks learned so much, but it sure weren't no college :-)[p]Great meeting you and your wife.
    Chris[p]PS, the picture is the guy that REALLY made this happen. Lovehandles (Mike) himself.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    AZ Traveler ,[p]I couldn't agree more. Great food and great people makes for a memorable time. Is was great to meet all of you and I hope to do it again someday.[p]best wishes,
    ron.[p]

• Love Handles
    Options
    Bubba_T,
    Hey Man, don't let something like that keep you away. I went from AZ to Virginia couple years ago and Chris & Kenny came from Virginia to AZ. Those airplanes just keep flying. See-Yaa

• Love Handles
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    If I'd have known you were going to put ME on the forum, I woulda let my hair down so the guys can see just how weird I really am. Really Chris & Kenny, you guys were really great and the guys out here that didn't get to go are already talking about next year. See-Yaa---Mike

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Chris, you and Kenny were so much help. For me it was like going in from grade school and coming out with a Phd. And you are absolutely correct about Lovehandles, he put in a lot of hard work along with the rest of the group. Enjoy, AZ