Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Love is in the Egg!

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got my large BGE a couple of weeks ago and am in love with this amazing cooker. First cook I did a spatchcock chicken. (thanks to TNW and his website for the great instructions & pics)Bird came out juicy and succulent w/ a crispy skin. Next I did some babybacks direct at 225 for 3hrs flipping every 45 min. Awesome! Fall of the bone tender w/ a nice crunchy exterior. Then Superbowl Sunday I did some ABT's and a brisket flat direct at 225. ABT's were a hit and the brisket came out eggcellent! Tender though not mushy w/ a beautiful smoke ring. This weekend I finally got my platesetter and did a pizza directly on it. Pizza came out perfect even w/o a pizza stone, crunchy thin crust but not burnt at all. I'm starting to think the Egg can do no wrong. I'm definitely sold. Worth every penny in my book. Just my 2 cents from a dude in Austin who loves his BBQ & Za.

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    ATXEGGER,[p] The world is once again in harmonious balance. I can feel the Egg Chi flowing once again..[p] Ohhhh Welcome to the forum and how in the heck did you get tender fall off the bone baby backs in 3 hours? Please don't tell us you boiled (GASP!!!) them first...[p]
  • cbs
    cbs Posts: 99
    Celtic Wolf,[p]Our town motto is "keep Austin weird"[p]Anything can happen here. (but I too am interested in the answer).
  • [img]C:Documents and SettingsMelindaMy DocumentsMy Pictures2007132_3223.JPG[/img]
    <p />Celtic Wolf,
    Haha! Thanks C.Wolf. Hell no I didn't boil! I may be new to Eggdom but I've been around BBQ long enough to know you never boil ribs. Never ever ever!!
    I mustarded the slab applied my rub, drank a few brews then threw it on the Egg at 225 directly on the grate. Drank more brews, then proceeded to flip every 45 min. Egg temp remained anywhere from 200 to 250 the whole time. Nice crusty exterior, pure pork buttery goodness inside.

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    ATXEGGER,[p] AHHHHH Drank lots of beer and really doesn't know it actually took 5 hours... That plain's it Lucy!!