Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Char Crust Sirloin and Andoulli

RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I grilled a sirloin with Original Char Crust. It came out greate as usual but I place the Original second to the Hickory Molasses.[p]After I took the steak off I threw on a half of a link of premium Andoulli Sausage. I only warmed it for three minutes a side at about 500 degrees. Yum.[p]Some giant baked Russet Potaotes topped off the meal along with some stir-fried Broccoli with “Eat This”, an Asian hot stir-fry sauce. I had to nuke the spuds and finish them in the oven for timing reasons only.[p]Still kind of speechless,
RhumAndJerk[p]

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    RhumAndJerk,[p]Sounds like you and I had pretty much the same dinner last night. I had some seared rib eyes and a T-Bone thrown in for good luck. We have a grocery store in town that has changed ownership and their grand opening was this week and last. Last week they had 69 cents a pound Boston Butts, this week they had $2.99 Ribeyes and they had $1.09 Eye of Round also. GREAT prices and I stocked up. The T-Bone was just for grins, couldnt resist it in the meat cabinet all nice and red and marbled etc. Freezer is bulging at the seams and with my newly found Motherload of Lump the neighborhood will smell like Q all summer.[p]Steaks were a bit on the dry side. Never have done steaks on the BGE before, just thick cut chops. Steaks finish up quicker than chops. Still great but a bit done for me. If a good vet cant save my steak its too done. [p]Anyway, had the obligatory salad, garlic bread and baked 'tato as well, great dinner. Looking forward to breaking into more of those ribeyes, had them cut 1 whole ribeye for me at 1 1/4 inch thick, one of them to 1 1/2 inch, should be good eats this summer.[p]Whats the hickory molasses you are speaking of? Is it in the recipe section (plan to look in a minute)? Own special sauce? Please share if you would, sounds great.[p]Sending Smoke Signals to Bill - Troy
    We'll miss you

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    sprinter,
    Nothing like freezers packed with meat, and an egg sitting outside ready and willing!![p]Hickory Molasses is a flavor of Char Crust.[p]It is also my favorite so far, but I have only sampled the Garlic Peppercorn, and Hickory Molasses.[p]I will hold my glass high tonight to Bill.
    I can't stop thinking about him.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    sprinter,
    The Hickory Molasses refers to one of the five flavors Char Crust.[p]I believe that TimM was one of the first to introduce us to this wonderful Product.[p]Happy Grilling,
    RhumAndJerk

[ul][li]Char Crust[/ul]